Re: [Supremacy] Re: eBay fiasco

  • Jeff Pawlowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      --- lanebear2002 <lanebear@...> wrote:

      > p.s. You made me pay top dollar for the auctions I won so I have a
      > hard time feeling verry sorry for you!

      Tis the way of the auction. I stretched my dollar as far as I could go and you
      still had more money.

      I have no hard feelings, just the "shucks-darn" since I didn't get to walk away
      with some new pieces.

      If it wasn't for the fire next door, I wouldn't be buying anything. I have it
      ALL already (or should I say HAD it all).

      The black mushroom clouds will be the hardest to get more of. I won a
      Warlords/Pirates to replace the black blob. They were the closest to the wall
      where it got really hot. The other pieces are not complete blobs and I should
      be able to break them apart. They won't be perfect but usable.

      The question I have to ask is, do I replace the parts to have a perfect set
      again, when I don't/can't/never get to play anymore or do I just keep what I
      have?

      Jeff Pawlowski

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Lane
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        Jeff, that's a tough call. That's like me spending $150 for the game
        and expansions because I played the game once and enjoyed it. I would
        still like fortuna and the 2nd resource deck and maybe, the
        unconventional forces. The group I play with already has a lot of the
        stuff but only plays with the base set and Warlords and Pirates,
        Fortuna, and neutron bombs and killer satellites. The reset id just
        "chrome". I would like to at least try a game with all the possible
        extras to see if it is more fun or just more complicated. Better luck
        next time, Jeff and thanks for the invite to the group. I enjoyed
        reading the posts. Lane

        Jeff Pawlowski wrote:

        > --- lanebear2002 <lanebear@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > p.s. You made me pay top dollar for the auctions I won so I have a
        > > hard time feeling verry sorry for you!
        > >

        > Tis the way of the auction. I stretched my dollar as far as I could
        > go and you
        > still had more money.
        >
        > I have no hard feelings, just the "shucks-darn" since I didn't get to
        > walk away
        > with some new pieces.
        >
        > If it wasn't for the fire next door, I wouldn't be buying anything. I
        > have it
        > ALL already (or should I say HAD it all).
        >
        > The black mushroom clouds will be the hardest to get more of. I won a
        >
        > Warlords/Pirates to replace the black blob. They were the closest to
        > the wall
        > where it got really hot. The other pieces are not complete blobs and
        > I should
        > be able to break them apart. They won't be perfect but usable.
        >
        > The question I have to ask is, do I replace the parts to have a
        > perfect set
        > again, when I don't/can't/never get to play anymore or do I just keep
        > what I
        > have?
        >
        > Jeff Pawlowski

        > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • pda1310
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2002
          That's a good question. It depends on what degree you now see the
          stuff as a game vs a collection that can be played. I originally
          bought my stuff around ten years ago when there was quite a lot of it
          winging its way around the normal second hand market at a reasonable
          price, and so managed to get it all (bar the mega map of which most
          of the examples seem to be in the US) pretty cheaply but did play a
          bit. If you're unlikely to have a game in the near future (which I'm
          unlikely to, but never give up hope though) then I'd say only replace
          the kit that really got damaged, unless you view it as a collection
          (which I do to some extent) and so I'd say get it when you can.

          Peter