What is Supremacy ?????

  • Ian Wermerling
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
      England beating Germany 5-1 in their own back yard in the World Cup
      Qualifier. That is Supremacy !!!

      The last time beat Germany in Germany was in 1965 and look what
      happened the following year.

      Roll on the the World Cup, we are ready to take on the world.
    • Keschra@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
        Hey!

        Having only a passing interest in the "other" football (it only happens at
        World Cup time), I'm curious...what happened the following year after Germany
        was defeated? That would be 1966 and the only thing of any significance to
        me was the Beatles released "Revolver" that year. If the current victory
        means a new Beatles album next year, then I must say....Bring on the World
        Cup!!!

        Keith

        PS That is a type of musical Supremacy.

      • Ian Wermerling
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
          You made me laugh so much I fell off my chair.

          In 1966 England won the World Cup. It was the greatest moment in English
          football history. That funny enough was against Germany. Sir Geff Hurst
          blasted 3 goals in the German net that night resulting in a catch phrase
          from the commentator that is still being quoted to this very day, "and they
          thought it was all over, well it is now".

          Friday nights game was an historic match because it was the first time
          England beat Germany on their own turf in a competitive match. As well as
          that it was the first world cup qualifying match Germany has been beaten at
          home in over 65 years.

          What does it all mean? If England beat Albania this Wednesday then we have
          as good as automatically qualified for next years World Cup in Japan.

          Ian 'wormbyte' Wermerling

          >From: Keschra@...
          >To: Supremacy@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Supremacy] What is Supremacy ?????
          >Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:12:04 EDT
          >
          >Hey!
          >
          >Having only a passing interest in the "other" football (it only happens at
          >World Cup time), I'm curious...what happened the following year after
          >Germany
          >was defeated? That would be 1966 and the only thing of any significance to
          >me was the Beatles released "Revolver" that year. If the current victory
          >means a new Beatles album next year, then I must say....Bring on the World
          >Cup!!!
          >
          >Keith
          >
          >PS That is a type of musical Supremacy.

        • Scott David Orr
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
            At 08:40 PM 9/2/01 +0000, Ian Wermerling wrote:
            >You made me laugh so much I fell off my chair.

            Well, it's not like you're talking about an important event someone outside
            of England would have heard of.... :)

            Scott Orr