Rules Question - spaceports and missile silos.

  • youvegotspam@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
      If I capture an opponent's territory where he has spaceports and/or
      missile silos, do I capture them or are they destroyed?

      I realise you guys have the same rules as I do, but I thought there
      might be an online convention for this, or maybe somebody had had
      correspondence with Supremacy games.

      I'm really sursprised this isn't covered in the Mega Rules. You'd
      think this would come up every game, and they'd have been flooded with
      letters.
    • Lynn Preston
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
        If I recall, you capture 'em.

        Also, if you live in the Los Angeles area and are interested in a game ... Lemme know -

        - Lynn Preston
        - E: lynn_preston5@...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2009
          I wish!

          But if you ever visit the East coast of Canada I can host!

          Thanks!
          -Luke

          --- In Supremacy@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Preston <lynn_preston5@...> wrote:

          > If I recall, you capture 'em.
          >
          > Also, if you live in the Los Angeles area and are interested in a game ... Lemme know -
          >

          > - Lynn Preston
          > - E: lynn_preston5@...
          >

          > ________________________________

        • busterhyminn
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009
            Spoils of War, what is there when you take it over, you get.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2009
              Spoils of war refers to capturing the last home territory of a superpower. Nowhere in the rules does it mention what do do with silos and spaceports in captured territories which besides when you eliminate a player.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 27, 2009
                Then just make a house rule -- -

                - Lynn Preston
                - C: 310-955-6899
                - E: lynn_preston5@...

                ________________________________

              • drnous@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 28, 2009
                  Good point Lynn!
                  We need to get Supremacy gamers to think"out of the box!"
                  John
                  Steps!
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621499x1201450105/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Apr
                  ilExcScore428NO62)

                • youvegotspam@rocketmail.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29, 2009
                    I like the house rule that silos are immediately captured once the territory is occupied. This means they cannot be opened for a strategic counterattack.

                    This is the whole point of silos, IMO They should be vulnerable and require protected (or redundancy) in order to maintain a nuclear threat. Taking out your opponents missile bases should be an important aspect of nuclear warfare. Does anyone else here love Dr. Stragelove?

                    This also helps The conventional forces beat the nuke pig. Especially if your using the Multi Theatre attack rule, and the CnC book which prohibits nuclear first strike unless the defender has bid to play the attack stage.