Blockade of companies located in Light Blue Seas

  • water_k
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
      Hi, everyone.

      I'm playing the Rubber Mallet game online version of Supremacy and I
      noticed that for that version, there's a way to blockade a company
      located in a light blue sea: If you control the light blue sea, but
      don't control any adjacent territory with a port into that sea, the
      company is blockaded.

      I've checked the Resource Deck rule on the Bachelda.org website and
      there's nothing about blockading a company located in a sea.

      I personally disagree with Rubbermallet's decision on that matter. I
      think if the company is located in the sea, it's already facing the
      open marked, hence it's not needed a port to make commercial
      transactions. For me a port is only a commercial/transportation
      interface between land and sea. If you already in the sea, there's no
      need for that interface.

      This is one of the advantages of possessing a company located in a
      sea, instead of land. The disadvantage is that your company is more
      fragile from an enemy attack, since companies in land are sometimes
      protected from amphibious assault by the adjacent light blue seas that
      are controlled by the owner of such company.

      Of course my whole theory is based on the concept of islands that I
      think it's essential for translating the real world for the abstract
      concept of the game. But that concept is not fully addressed in any rules.

      I've been talking about this concept here way before. If you
      interested I could post my rant about it again.

      What do you think about that subject?

      Regards,

      Robson.
    • drnous@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
        Does anyone need tanks of any color or black boomers?
        I also have the res and white rare tanks that never came out
        We play tested red recruited subject to being bribed to revolt in conquered
        territories and white united nations tanks
        If you are running out of armies in your games we also play tested large
        size army blocks in all supremacy colors to represent 10 armies. Much easier to
        handle than large risk like armies
        I also sell factories or resource storage warehouses in all colors for home
        rules.
        email your Supremacy needs I may have them still laying around!
        John

      • mackie_messier
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
          I'm for the need of a sea space to use a open port. Lets say you have
          some way to acquire food (fish... kelp... certainly not 'grain.') or
          minerals, the would need to be brought to the nearest port so they can
          be properly packaged for transport.

          It enhances the diplomacy and strategy of the game, having to barter
          to take a free port for resources.

          /just my view
        • drnous@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2008
            This is Logical concept and practical in application.
            Anyone looking for tanks or boomers?
            I pulled hundreds out of my storage units that have been there since
            Supremacy went under.
            John
            50 cents each all colors available including black.USA priority shipping
            $5.00
            steps!
            (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215047751x1200957972/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De
            cemailfooterNO62)

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
              --- In Supremacy@yahoogroups.com, drnous@... wrote:
              > Anyone looking for tanks or boomers?

              John,
              I'd like some and some other things. I'll email you later tonight.

              RH
            • drnous@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 24, 2008
                I haveSupremacy stuff up on ebay too...white knight games<Ebay name
                John Ade
                **************Don't be the last to know - click here for the latest news that
                will have people talking. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000021)

              • Robert
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 21, 2009
                  Hi,
                  I would like to pick up something that you have but aren't offered
                  on ebay. My mails seem not to be getting through, would you please
                  email me through here if they are not.
                  I would like to give you some money. :)

                  RH

                  --- In Supremacy@yahoogroups.com, drnous@... wrote:

                  > I haveSupremacy stuff up on ebay too...white knight games<Ebay name
                  > John Ade
                  > **************Don't be the last to know - click here for the latest
                  news that
                  > will have people talking. (http://www.aol.com/?
                  ncid=emlcntaolcom00000021)

                • busterhyminn
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 22 6:01 PM
                    I've never played the online version, so I'm not sure how to answer or rant.

                    Blockades are useful in keeping anther country from feeding armies outside that country.