ressource decks

  • yukonbeavis6
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
      Is there any foreseeable problem with simply leaving all the
      remaining cards in the resource deck, rather than weeding out some
      depending on how many play (as set out in the Megasupremacy manual)?

      With resource deck 2 in play, there are 132 cards: (Resource Decks 1
      and 2) = 40 grain, 40 oil, 40 mineral, 6 nuke, 4 L-star, and 2
      Supremacy Logo / Trademark cards.

      I like the idea of anyone being able to choose any of the 8
      Superpowers. The cards distribution is as follows:

      Sort all of the resource cards into the following ten groups:
      1. Neutral Territories (Grey) 24 Cards
      2. Federation of African States (Purple) 12 Cards
      3. League of European Nations (Dark Orange) 12 Cards
      4. Confederacy of South America (Light Green)12 Cards
      5. Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics (Pink) 12 Cards
      6. People's Republic of China (Light Orange)12 Cards
      7. United States of America (Dark Green)12 Cards
      8. Australasia (Light Blue)12 Cards (see below)
      9. Canarctica (Dark blue)12 Cards (see below)
      10. Nukes, L-Stars, & Supremacy Logo Cards 12 Cards
      ________
      132 cards

      NOTE:

      To obtain the 12 cards for Canarctica and Australasia, use the
      following guide:

      1. Australasia

      a. Use the eleven cards for Eastern Australia, Western
      Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand; and
      b. Sort the mineral Resource cards which belong to the neutral
      countries into a pile. Shuffle them and deal the top card to
      Australasia.

      2. Canarctica

      a. Use the eight cards for Eastern Canada, Northern Canada,
      Western Canada,Greenland; and
      b. Sort the oil Resource cards belonging to the neutral
      countries into a pile - then shuffle and deal the top three to
      Canarctica. Repeat this procedure with the grain cards, but just
      draw the top card.

      With a 4 player game, each player would get 4 cards randomly from
      their Superpower (28 cards) leaving 92 resource cards leftover and
      12 special cards.

      Question 1: What are your suggestions for forming the resource deck?

      Question 2: I appreciate that the standard rules are for 6 cards
      initially for each superpwer but I like the idea of everyone getting
      7 to start. Any comments on that as well?

      Question 3: Are my calculations above correct?

      Thank you!
    • Scott David Orr
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        At 12:50 AM 12/1/2006, yukonbeavis6 wrote:

        >Is there any foreseeable problem with simply leaving all the
        >remaining cards in the resource deck, rather than weeding out some
        >depending on how many play (as set out in the Megasupremacy manual)?

        I think having a lot of them removed is the best way to do it,
        because then you don't know where all the good resources are going to
        be: in the original game, with no Warlords & Pirates and no Resource
        Deck Two, I've heard that it was a common strategy simply to
        paratroop into Arabia as soon as possible and camp out until your
        prospecting turned up the inevitable five-spot oil card.

        >With resource deck 2 in play, there are 132 cards: (Resource Decks 1
        >and 2) = 40 grain, 40 oil, 40 mineral, 6 nuke, 4 L-star, and 2
        >Supremacy Logo / Trademark cards.
        >
        >I like the idea of anyone being able to choose any of the 8
        >Superpowers. The cards distribution is as follows:
        >
        >Sort all of the resource cards into the following ten groups:
        >1.Neutral Territories (Grey) 24 Cards
        >2.Federation of African States (Purple) 12 Cards
        >3.League of European Nations (Dark Orange) 12 Cards
        >4.Confederacy of South America (Light Green)12 Cards
        >5.Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics (Pink) 12 Cards
        >6.People's Republic of China (Light Orange)12 Cards
        >7.United States of America (Dark Green)12 Cards
        >8.Australasia (Light Blue)12 Cards (see below)
        >9.Canarctica (Dark blue)12 Cards (see below)
        >10.Nukes, L-Stars, & Supremacy Logo Cards 12 Cards
        >________
        >132 cards
        >
        >NOTE:
        >
        >To obtain the 12 cards for Canarctica and Australasia, use the
        >following guide:
        >
        >1.Australasia
        >
        >a.Use the eleven cards for Eastern Australia, Western
        >Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand; and
        >b.Sort the mineral Resource cards which belong to the neutral
        >countries into a pile. Shuffle them and deal the top card to
        >Australasia.
        >
        >2.Canarctica
        >
        >a.Use the eight cards for Eastern Canada, Northern Canada,
        >Western Canada,Greenland; and
        >b.Sort the oil Resource cards belonging to the neutral
        >countries into a pile - then shuffle and deal the top three to
        >Canarctica. Repeat this procedure with the grain cards, but just
        >draw the top card.
        >
        >With a 4 player game, each player would get 4 cards randomly from
        >their Superpower (28 cards) leaving 92 resource cards leftover and
        >12 special cards.
        >
        >Question 1: What are your suggestions for forming the resource deck?

        The two Middle Powers do seem to be a problem--that's one expansion I
        don't have, and so I've never had to deal with them.

        >Question 2: I appreciate that the standard rules are for 6 cards
        >initially for each superpwer but I like the idea of everyone getting
        >7 to start. Any comments on that as well?

        I'd prefer to make the players work a little more for their
        resources--they tend to be rolling in them by the end of the game
        anyway. Mind you, if you got with the larger Resource Center, maybe
        it makes sense (but even in that case I wouldn't give the players
        more cards if you're going to all Tech Transfer to Industry).

        >Question 3: Are my calculations above correct?

        That I couldn't tell you--unfortunately I don't have time to go
        through it myself. :(

        Scott Orr
      • yukonbeavis6
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
          Now I totally see what you mean. The element of unpredictability
          where resources are and of what type is key. So the end result
          should generally be 60 resource random cards, plus the 6 special
          Nike,L-Star/Trade Mark cards, for a total of 66 card deck after
          Superpower cards are taken (either 6 or 7, depneding on variant). I
          guess it could be expanded to more cards if you wanted to but the
          ratio fo L-Star, Nukes, and Trademark cards should always be 6:60
          (i.e. 20 grain, 20 oil, 20 mineral, 3 Nukes, 2 L-Stars, & 1
          Supremacy Logo Cards). In addition to this 66 card deck at the
          start of the game, each player gets their 7 cards to start (or 6
          initial resource cards with version 3). So if you were to increase
          the deck to say 90 cards, it could be 27 grain, 27 oil, 27 mineral,
          3 Nukes, 3 L-Stars, & 2 Supremacy Logo Cards. Just a thought.

          Here is another variant option for setup, using all 3 resource
          decks, which, by the way, I'm thinking about simply carefully
          pasting the Resource Dec 3 images (downlaod from Maximillian's site)
          onto an extra resource deck that I have to create a nice Resource
          Deck 3. Here is the section of rules I am working on for this
          variant:

          SETUP RESOURCE DECKS

          Sort all 198 of the resource cards from Resource Decks 1, 2, and 3)
          into the following ten groups:

          1. Neutral Territories (Grey)41 Cards
          2. Federation of African States (Purple) 18 Cards
          3. League of European Nations(Dark Orange)18 Cards
          4. Confederacy of South America (Light Green)18 Cards
          5. Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics(Pink) 18 Cards
          6. People's Republic of China (Light Orange)18 Cards
          7. United States of America (Dark Green) 18 Cards
          8. Australasia (Grey - Light Blue) 17 Cards
          9. Canarctica (Grey - Dark blue) 14 Cards
          10. Nukes, L-Stars, & Supremacy Logo Cards 18 Cards
          ________
          TOTAL= 198 cards

          The Deck of 198 cards (Resource Decks 1, 2, and 3) is comprised of
          60 grain, 60 oil, 60 mineral, 9 nuke, 6 L-star, and 3 Supremacy
          Logo / Trademark cards. See Appendix-5 for the full list of
          Resource Cards. This list shows which cards belong to which Super
          Power.

          SEPARATE SUPER POWER CARDS
          The piles of cards for the eight Super Powers are separated,
          according to section 0.D.050 above. Each player rolls a die and the
          highest roll selects a pile of super power cards, this indicates
          which super power they will play.

          Each pile of super power cards are shuffled by another player.
          Each player draws the top four cards of their pile and the remaining
          cards are set aside. This continues until every player has a set of
          super power cards.

          All of the remaining super power decks that were not chosen are put
          aside for now.

          Three cards are then randomly dealt to each player from the Neutral
          territories pile. These are dealt one at a time in the order that
          players selected their super powers. If a player is dealt a card
          that is in a territory where another player already has a card, it
          is placed back in the deck and another is dealt. Each player should
          now have seven resource cards, four for the home territory and three
          others.

          CREATE NEW RESOURCE DECK
          The remaining super power cards, the ones set aside after the top
          four were drawn, are now shuffled into the resource deck with the
          remaining neutral deck resource cards. From this deck, shuffle and
          remove the top cards from the game, face down as follows, according
          to the number of players in the game.
          Two players 107 cards
          Three players 99 cards
          Four players 92 cards
          Five players 85 cards
          Six players 78 cards
          Seven players 71 cards
          Eight players 64 cards

          This will leave a new resource deck of 60 cards.

          The pile of cards with the Nukes, L-Stars, and Supremacy Logo cards
          is reduced before it is returned to the Resource Deck.
          There are 9 nuke, 6 L-star, and 3 Supremacy Logo / Trademark cards.
          Remove 6 nuke, 4 L-star, and 2 Supremacy Logo / Trademark cards.
          Keep 3 nuke, 2 L-star, and 1 Supremacy Logo / Trademark cards and
          then shuffle them into the resource deck.

          The resource deck is now ready for play with 66 cards. Place it face
          down beside the game board.

          RESOURCE DECKS 1,2,3 LIST SORTED BY SUPERPOWER
          (may lose formatting)

          deck group resource Units of Production
          Location
          resource deck 1 x L-Stars
          resource deck 1 x L-Stars
          resource deck 2 x L-Stars
          resource deck 2 x L-Stars
          resource deck 3 x L-Stars
          resource deck 3 x L-Stars
          resource deck 1 x Nukes
          resource deck 1 x Nukes
          resource deck 1 x Nukes
          resource deck 2 x Nukes
          resource deck 2 x Nukes
          resource deck 2 x Nukes
          resource deck 3 x Nukes
          resource deck 3 x Nukes
          resource deck 3 x Nukes
          resource deck 1 x Trademark Card
          resource deck 2 x Trademark Card
          resource deck 3 x Trademark Card
          resource deck 3 Australasia Oil 2 Coral Sea
          resource deck 1 Australasia Grain 3 Eastern Australia
          resource deck 1 Australasia Mineral 5 Eastern Australia
          resource deck 3 Australasia Mineral 2 Great Australian Sea
          resource deck 2 Australasia Mineral 3 Indonesia
          resource deck 1 Australasia Oil 3 Indonesia
          resource deck 1 Australasia Grain 1 New Zealand
          resource deck 2 Australasia Oil 5 New Zealand
          resource deck 3 Australasia Grain 2 Northern Australia
          resource deck 3 Australasia Mineral 3 Queensland
          resource deck 3 Australasia Grain 2 Shark Bay
          resource deck 3 Australasia Grain 3 Tasman Sea
          resource deck 2 Australasia Grain 2 Timor Sea
          resource deck 2 Australasia Oil 3 Timor Sea
          resource deck 1 Australasia Grain 2 Western Australia
          resource deck 1 Australasia Mineral 3 Western Australia
          resource deck 1 Australasia Oil 2 Western Australia
          resource deck 3 Canarctica Grain 3 Beaufort Sea
          resource deck 2 Canarctica Grain 3 Eastern Canada
          resource deck 2 Canarctica Mineral 1 Eastern Canada
          resource deck 1 Canarctica Mineral 4 Eastern Canada
          resource deck 2 Canarctica Mineral 3 Greenland
          resource deck 3 Canarctica Grain 4 Greenland Sea
          resource deck 3 Canarctica Oil 4 Gulf of St. Lawrence
          resource deck 3 Canarctica Oil 5 Hudson Strait
          resource deck 2 Canarctica Mineral 2 Northern Canada
          resource deck 1 Canarctica Oil 3 Northern Canada
          resource deck 3 Canarctica Mineral 2 Nunavut
          resource deck 3 Canarctica Oil 3 Ungava
          resource deck 1 Canarctica Grain 5 Western Canada
          resource deck 1 Canarctica Mineral 2 Western Canada
          resource deck 1 Confederacy of South America Grain 3 Argentina
          resource deck 2 Confederacy of South America Oil 3 Argentina
          resource deck 3 Confederacy of South America Oil 3 Bahia Tobe
          Jube
          resource deck 3 Confederacy of South America Oil 2 Baia Santos
          resource deck 2 Confederacy of South America Mineral 2 Brazil
          resource deck 1 Confederacy of South America Mineral 3 Brazil
          resource deck 2 Confederacy of South America Oil 2 Brazil
          resource deck 3 Confederacy of South America Grain 2 Chile
          resource deck 2 Confederacy of South America Grain 2 Gulf of
          Panama
          resource deck 3 Confederacy of South America Mineral 3 Guyana
          resource deck 3 Confederacy of South America Grain 3
          Lima Bay
          resource deck 2 Confederacy of South America Grain 3
          Peru
          resource deck 1 Confederacy of South America Mineral 2
          Peru
          resource deck 1 Confederacy of South America Oil 2
          Peru
          resource deck 3 Confederacy of South America Mineral 2
          Rio De La Plata
          resource deck 1 Confederacy of South America Grain 2
          Venezuela
          resource deck 2 Confederacy of South America Mineral 3
          Venezuela
          resource deck 1 Confederacy of South America Oil 3
          Venezuela
          resource deck 3 Federation of African States Mineral 3
          Cape of Good Hope
          resource deck 3 Federation of African States Mineral 2
          Ethiopia
          resource deck 3 Federation of African States Grain 3
          Ghana
          resource deck 3 Federation of African States Oil 3
          Gulf of Guinea
          resource deck 3 Federation of African States Oil 2
          Madagascar
          resource deck 1 Federation of African States Grain 3
          Mozambique
          resource deck 1 Federation of African States Mineral 2
          Mozambique
          resource deck 2 Federation of African States Oil 3
          Mozambique
          resource deck 3 Federation of African States Grain 2
          Mozambique Channel
          resource deck 2 Federation of African States Mineral 3
          Nigeria
          resource deck 1 Federation of African States Oil 3
          Nigeria
          resource deck 2 Federation of African States Grain 2
          Red Sea
          resource deck 1 Federation of African States Grain 2
          South Africa
          resource deck 1 Federation of African States Mineral 3
          South Africa
          resource deck 2 Federation of African States Oil 2
          South Africa
          resource deck 2 Federation of African States Grain 3
          Zaire
          resource deck 2 Federation of African States Mineral 2
          Zaire
          resource deck 1 Federation of African States Oil 2
          Zaire
          resource deck 3 League of European Nations Oil 3
          Baltic Sea
          resource deck 3 League of European Nations Grain 3
          Bay of Biscay
          resource deck 2 League of European Nations Mineral 3
          British Isles
          resource deck 1 League of European Nations Oil 3
          British Isles
          resource deck 2 League of European Nations Grain 3
          Eastern Europe
          resource deck 1 League of European Nations Grain 2
          Eastern Europe
          resource deck 1 League of European Nations Mineral 3
          Eastern Europe
          resource deck 3 League of European Nations Mineral 3
          Finland
          resource deck 1 League of European Nations Mineral 2
          Iberia
          resource deck 2 League of European Nations Oil 2
          Iberia
          resource deck 3 League of European Nations Oil 2
          Mediterranean Sea
          resource deck 2 League of European Nations Mineral 2
          North Sea
          resource deck 3 League of European Nations Grain 2
          Ruhr
          resource deck 2 League of European Nations Oil 3
          Scandinavia
          resource deck 1 League of European Nations Oil 2
          Scandinavia
          resource deck 3 League of European Nations Mineral 2
          Sea of Crete
          resource deck 2 League of European Nations Grain 2
          Western Europe
          resource deck 1 League of European Nations Grain 3
          Western Europe
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Oil 5 Arabia
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Mineral 3 Arabian Sea
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Oil 3 Bay of Bengal
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Mineral 3 Bering Strait
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Grain 2 Burma
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Oil 4 Burma
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Mineral 1 Cape Horn
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Oil 2 Caribbean Sea
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Mineral 5 Central
          America
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Mineral 3 Central
          America
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Oil 1 Central
          America
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Oil 2 Cuba
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Oil 2 Egypt
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Mineral 2 Greece
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Oil 3 Greece
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Grain 3 Gulf of
          Panama
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Oil 1 Gulfo De
          Cintra
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Grain 3 India
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Mineral 4 India
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Mineral 3 India
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Oil 3 Indo-China
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Grain 1 Iran
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Oil 4 Iran
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Oil 3 Iraq
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Oil 3 Japan
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Mineral 2 Java Sea
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Grain 3 Mexico
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Grain 4 Middle East
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Mineral 4 Morocco
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Grain 2 Pakistan
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Grain 5 Philippines
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Grain 3 Poland
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Mineral 5 Poland
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Grain 4 Romania
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Oil 1 Romania
          resource deck 2 neutral zone Grain 5 Sahara
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Mineral 1 Sahara
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Oil 2 Sahara
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Mineral 3 Straits of
          Malacca
          resource deck 3 neutral zone Grain 1 Tokyo Bay
          resource deck 1 neutral zone Grain 3 Turkey
          resource deck 3 People's Republic of China Mineral 2
          Chekiang
          resource deck 3 People's Republic of China Grain 3
          Kiangsu
          resource deck 2 People's Republic of China Grain 2
          Manchuria
          resource deck 1 People's Republic of China Mineral 2
          Manchuria
          resource deck 2 People's Republic of China Mineral 2
          Mongolia
          resource deck 1 People's Republic of China Mineral 3
          Mongolia
          resource deck 2 People's Republic of China Oil 3
          Mongolia
          resource deck 1 People's Republic of China Grain 3
          Nanling
          resource deck 2 People's Republic of China Mineral 3
          Nanling
          resource deck 1 People's Republic of China Oil 2
          Nanling
          resource deck 3 People's Republic of China Mineral 3
          Sea of Japan
          resource deck 2 People's Republic of China Grain 3
          Shantung
          resource deck 1 People's Republic of China Grain 2
          Shantung
          resource deck 1 People's Republic of China Oil 3
          Shantung
          resource deck 3 People's Republic of China Oil 2
          South China Sea
          resource deck 2 People's Republic of China Oil 2
          South China Sea
          resource deck 3 People's Republic of China Grain 2
          Tibet
          resource deck 3 People's Republic of China Oil 3
          Tibet
          resource deck 3 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Oil
          3 Barents Sea
          resource deck 2 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Oil
          2 Black Sea
          resource deck 2 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Grain
          2 Buryatsk
          resource deck 1 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics
          Mineral 2 Buryatsk
          resource deck 2 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Grain
          3 Kazakh
          resource deck 1 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Grain
          2 Kazakh
          resource deck 2 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics
          Mineral 3 Kola
          resource deck 1 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Oil
          3 Kola
          resource deck 3 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Oil
          2 Primorski
          resource deck 1 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Grain
          3 Russia
          resource deck 3 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Grain
          2 Sea of Okhotsk
          resource deck 1 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics
          Mineral 3 Siberia
          resource deck 2 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Oil
          3 Siberia
          resource deck 3 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics
          Mineral 2 Siberian Sea
          resource deck 3 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics
          Mineral 3 Taymyr
          resource deck 3 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Grain
          3 Ukraine
          resource deck 2 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics
          Mineral 2 Yakutsk
          resource deck 1 Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics Oil
          2 Yakutsk
          resource deck 2 United States of America Oil 3
          Alaska
          resource deck 1 United States of America Oil 2
          Alaska
          resource deck 2 United States of America Mineral 2
          Barkley Sound
          resource deck 3 United States of America Grain 2
          Caribbean Sea
          resource deck 2 United States of America Grain 3
          Eastern U.S.A.
          resource deck 1 United States of America Grain 2
          Eastern U.S.A.
          resource deck 1 United States of America Mineral 2
          Eastern U.S.A.
          resource deck 3 United States of America Mineral 2
          Long Island Sound
          resource deck 2 United States of America Grain 2
          Midwest U.S.A.
          resource deck 1 United States of America Grain 3
          Midwest U.S.A.
          resource deck 1 United States of America Mineral 3
          Midwest U.S.A.
          resource deck 3 United States of America Mineral 3
          Northwest USA
          resource deck 3 United States of America Oil 3
          Santa Barbara Passage
          resource deck 3 United States of America Grain 3
          Southeast USA
          resource deck 3 United States of America Oil 2
          Southeast USA
          resource deck 2 United States of America Mineral 3
          Western U.S.A.
          resource deck 2 United States of America Oil 2
          Western U.S.A.
          resource deck 1 United States of America Oil 3
          Western U.S.A.

          --- In Supremacy@yahoogroups.com, Scott David Orr <sdorr@...> wrote:

> [...]
          deck?

          > The two Middle Powers do seem to be a problem--that's one
          expansion I
          > don't have, and so I've never had to deal with them.
          >

          > >Question 2: I appreciate that the standard rules are for 6 cards
          > >initially for each superpwer but I like the idea of everyone
          getting
          > >7 to start. Any comments on that as well?
          >

          > I'd prefer to make the players work a little more for their
          > resources--they tend to be rolling in them by the end of the game
          > anyway. Mind you, if you got with the larger Resource Center,
          maybe
          > it makes sense (but even in that case I wouldn't give the players
          > more cards if you're going to all Tech Transfer to Industry).
          >

          > >Question 3: Are my calculations above correct?
          >

          > That I couldn't tell you--unfortunately I don't have time to go

        • Scott David Orr
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
            At 02:00 PM 12/4/2006, yukonbeavis6 wrote:

            >Now I totally see what you mean. The element of unpredictability
            >where resources are and of what type is key. So the end result
            >should generally be 60 resource random cards, plus the 6 special
            >Nike,L-Star/Trade Mark cards, for a total of 66 card deck after
            >Superpower cards are taken (either 6 or 7, depneding on variant). I
            >guess it could be expanded to more cards if you wanted to but the
            >ratio fo L-Star, Nukes, and Trademark cards should always be 6:60
            >(i.e. 20 grain, 20 oil, 20 mineral, 3 Nukes, 2 L-Stars, & 1
            >Supremacy Logo Cards). In addition to this 66 card deck at the
            >start of the game, each player gets their 7 cards to start (or 6
            >initial resource cards with version 3). So if you were to increase
            >the deck to say 90 cards, it could be 27 grain, 27 oil, 27 mineral,
            >3 Nukes, 3 L-Stars, & 2 Supremacy Logo Cards. Just a thought.

            I've actually found that doing the strategic cards randomly as well
            can be fun--but once we played a game where there were absolutely no
            nukes--and since we weren't using the High Tech rules, conventional
            warfare was a stalemate, since no one could muster enough resources
            at once to destroy all the armies in someone else's territory (esp.
            since people were spending all their money on conventional forces and L-stars).

            Scott Orr