Re: *NEW* Liquid Assets Rule in the online game

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2004
      Tom,

      I am greatly enjoying the online game. Thanks for the hard work. I'v
      been playing only a couple of weeks now, and there was a bit of a
      learning curve, but I'm having fun even when the Chinese hand me my
      head on a platter.

      Thanks,

      ~Brian

      --- In Supremacy@yahoogroups.com, "aka_tom_w" <tcw@m...> wrote:
      > If any of you are playing online...
      > at:
      >
      > http://81.109.122.133/signup.php
      >
      > http://81.109.122.133/index.php
      >
      > the NEW and improved version of the
      > online game now features a new
      > liquid assets rule "option" at start up.
      >
      > If you look a the game que page
      > now you can see LOTS of players
      > have started games with with MANY
      > different settings and parameters
      >
      > there is a setting option of for
      > company restart cost ($0 - $200)
      > and a setting for "liquid assets"
      >
      > I am surprised this is not more
      > popular than it is.
      >
      > THe liquid assets rule when set to %10
      > will PREVENT the game loser from giving
      > ALL but %10 of his money away to his allies
      > when he is about to be taken out of the game.
      >
      > THAT's ALL IT DOES
      > it does not do anything else, it just means you
      > can only "give" away a percentage of your bank
      > account so that there is CASH IN THE BANK when
      > the victor captures your last home territory.
      >
      > ITs a GOOD rules and I am glad it is in
      > the online game now.
      >
      > AND yes
      > Blockades and Sieges NOW WORK
      >
      > AND you can set the tech level for
      > Nukes
      > L-Star
      > K-Sats and
      > Neutrron Bombs
      >
      > To ANYTHING you want
      > if you start a new game que
      >
      > as you can see there are NOW
      > many new game ques!
      >
      > good luck and have FUN!
      >
      > -tom w
    • aka_tom_w
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2004
        Please

        please :-)

        you should thanks Paul Thomas!

        He is the GENIUS that coded the whole
        thing.

        All I do is bug him to "fix" it and then
        do my best to popularize it so there
        are more players in more games to play
        against.

        Paul Thomas must be .php coding WIZARD to make
        this thing work in a dynamic web page
        AND he fixes it and maintains it for free....
        :-)

        Kudos to Paul!

        All Hail Paul Thomas!

        -tom w