21.180 Commander - World Cup Tournament

  • p_d_thomas
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 1, 2004
      In March 2004, I'm going to kick off the Unofficial Supremacy World Cup.

      Games will use the current 21.180 Commander rules, (you know you want
      to attack on round 1), and will have a 48 hour deadline.

      To sign up you must have a current 21.180 account, and you'll need to
      provide some additional information like your name.
      I'd also like your Yahoo ID (if you have one). This may enable me to
      run the final in realtime and have people chat via Yahoo, providing
      that this is practical for the people who get through to the final.

      I'll announce the tournament structure in March one entries have
      closed, depending on how many people sign up, but if would be nice to
      think that we'll have enough for at least 6 x 6 player games.

      Yours,

      Paul.

      Message from 21.180 Commander
      Visit via http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pdt
    • Water.K
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 7, 2004
        aka_tom_w wrote:

        > From: "aka_tom_w" <tcw@...>
        > Date: sexta-feira, 6 de fevereiro de 2004 00:09
        > To: Supremacy@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Supremacy] Re: Tournament Blockade? Answer: No blockades in the
        > online version!
        >
        > yeah but what about re-deploy?
        >
        > Attacker redeploys first
        >
        > "Redeploy
        > This occurs after an attack. Both the attacker and defender get a
        > redeploy, if an attacker has failed to take a territory but managed
        > to remove all defending forces they can take the attacked territory
        > in this stage only. Otherwise this can be any standard movement
        > order. "
        >
        > those are is online rules
        > and in the real game rules you can move reinforcements
        > (re-deployments) to as MANY Light Blue Seas as you want.
        >
        > His online rules don't say you can only make one "redeploy
        > movement'"?
        >
        > so in Move/Attack can I make one attack move AND one Move to
        > an empty LSB? AND then re-deploy to as many vacant LSB's as I
        > can afford by spending oil to get there.
        >
        > BUT then again I guess this is not really a big deal because
        > there are no Blockade rules.
        > :-(
        >
        > oh well

        It works like this:

        When you are in Move/Attack phase and it is your turn, you can make a
        movement or an attack. If you attack another superpower you have the right
        to do only *one* redeploy. This redeploy could be used to take the territory
        you were attacking in case your attacking forces were destroyed, or to
        reinforce another territory or sea, or to take another LBS unoccupied. But
        it's only one movement. And then it's the defender's redeploy.

        If you have army tech 2 and navy tech 2 you can make 2 movements and/or
        attacks, and if one of them was an attack agains another power, you have the
        right to one the one and only redeploy. If you have army tech 3 and navy
        tech 3, you can make 3 movements and/or attacks, and so go on.

        *You can't make lots of redeploys at the same time, as long as you have
        resources*

        ----
        mailto:water.k@...
        ICQ 61820595 (Water.K)

        /"\
        \ / Campanha da Fita ASCII - Diga NAO ao HTML em emails
        X ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Say NO to HTML in email
        / \