Purpose of this eGroups

  • Jeff Pawlowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2000
      ManOWar has been nice enough to give me a heads-up on the fact that
      Deja.com is removing all expansion (and possibly support) for their
      Communities.

      I was recently at their main homepage and found NO references to
      communities, and all links seem to have been removed. People can no
      longer stumble across us when they look for a Supremacy game group.

      Yahoo! Clubs already has a Supremacy group run by ONE guy
      (millenium_man_chris_y2j@...) that is his own total
      membership. I've invited him to join this eGroup and Deja.com (for
      as long as it continues). Some of you have expressed a preference to
      Yahoo! Clubs, and I'm still open to transferring the group to Yahoo!
      under the command of "millenium_man_chris_y2j@..." if this is
      what everyone wants. The main goal is to keep the group together,
      and not break it up, so I hope no one will try to splinter off and
      form their own group, thus weakening the whole. It is my deep wish
      to move all 84 members in one group (50+ of which seem to be active).

      I've created this eGroup for our present backup. I'm still working
      out the kinks and trying to figure out what sorts of things I can do
      here that I can't to at Deja, and vise-verse. If anyone has
      expertise in the eGroups moderating, I would be happy for the help :)

      I'd like to extend a "Thank You" to the early "Joiners" from
      Deja.com, and the fact that people are moving means that you are very
      active members of the group. Since this is a public forum, it seems
      that one of my friends (maybe not necessarily a Supremacy player) has
      joined as well. :)

      Thanks.

      More later

      Jeff Pawlowski