Thanks for the Tanks!

  • Monroe M. White III <irondraggon@angelfi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      You guys aren't gonna believe this, but I just got a Tanks box and a
      Tanks blister for only $65, both sealed in their original packaging!
      So, if you're searching for any Supremacy stuff, I highly recommend
      *dr_smith* on ebay. He had a note on his auctions that said to please
      feel free to email him for any Supremacy needs that you may have, so
      I sent my wish list to him, and sure enough he had exactly what I was
      looking for. A few excited emails later, we worked out a deal for the
      goods at only $25 for the Tanks box and $35 for the Tanks blister. I
      didn't even have to fight anyone else for them, despite the fact that
      he was intending to put them up on auction in a few days. He probably
      could've gotten $50 for the Tanks blister alone, but he chose to help
      me complete my set for a very affordable price instead. I didn't even
      have to haggle with him either. He told me to make him an offer, and
      he only asked for $10 more than what I offered him for the pair, plus
      $5 shipping. I couldn't have had a more pleasant experience in dozens
      of transactions with other ebay sellers. His communications were very
      polite and quick to reply, and I received his package in record time.
      So, now I'm just waiting to receive my CLMM set from DrNous, and I'll
      finally have a 100% complete set! I'm sure y'all know how pleasant
      and helpful he is as well, so I'll save that story until I get it.
    • Scott David Orr
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        At 01:34 AM 1/3/2003 +0000, Monroe M. White III <irondraggon@...>
        wrote:
        >You guys aren't gonna believe this, but I just got a Tanks box and a
        >Tanks blister for only $65, both sealed in their original packaging!
        >So, if you're searching for any Supremacy stuff, I highly recommend
        >*dr_smith* on ebay. He had a note on his auctions that said to please
        >feel free to email him for any Supremacy needs that you may have, so
        >I sent my wish list to him, and sure enough he had exactly what I was
        >looking for. A few excited emails later, we worked out a deal for the
        >goods at only $25 for the Tanks box and $35 for the Tanks blister. I
        >didn't even have to fight anyone else for them, despite the fact that
        >he was intending to put them up on auction in a few days. He probably
        >could've gotten $50 for the Tanks blister alone, but he chose to help
        >me complete my set for a very affordable price instead. I didn't even
        >have to haggle with him either. He told me to make him an offer, and
        >he only asked for $10 more than what I offered him for the pair, plus
        >$5 shipping. I couldn't have had a more pleasant experience in dozens
        >of transactions with other ebay sellers. His communications were very
        >polite and quick to reply, and I received his package in record time.
        >So, now I'm just waiting to receive my CLMM set from DrNous, and I'll
        >finally have a 100% complete set! I'm sure y'all know how pleasant
        >and helpful he is as well, so I'll save that story until I get it.

        Actually, I think $35 (maybe $40) was what I paid for a Tanks blister (for
        those who've never seen it, it's the black tanks for neutrals) a year or so
        ago.

        Scott Orr
      • Monroe M. White III <irondraggon@angelfi
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
          Well, at least I know that I didn't get ripped off then. I would've
          expected to pay alot more if I had bought this stuff in an auction.
          There's someone offering a loose Boomers blister on ebay right now,
          and his buy it now price is $75. The bidding on it is up to $36 so
          far, and the reserve still hasn't been met yet. Seems rather steep.

        • Tim Jung
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
            Well I just picked up an unopened copy of the Tanks expansion on EBay for
            like $35 so you didn't get ripped off and actually probably saved a little
            bit over what they would have gone for via auction on EBay.

            Tim Jung
            System Admin
            Internet Gateway Inc.
            tjung@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
              It looks like there are several of the Tank expansion on EBay right now for
              basically $20 each. I see 4 of them up there right now.

              Of course the single copy of the Boomers blister pack opened is going for
              $51 right now, which seems a bit crazy to me. For that kind of money I
              could buy a copy of Axis & Allies: Europe and use the black German plastic
              subs in there. Actually I can get Axis & Allies: Europe for less than that
              price, its available from Amazon for only $40.

              Tim Jung
              System Admin
              Internet Gateway Inc.
              tjung@...

              > Well, at least I know that I didn't get ripped off then. I would've
              > expected to pay alot more if I had bought this stuff in an auction.
              > There's someone offering a loose Boomers blister on ebay right now,
              > and his buy it now price is $75. The bidding on it is up to $36 so
              > far, and the reserve still hasn't been met yet. Seems rather steep.
              >
              > --- In Supremacy@yahoogroups.com, Scott David Orr <sdorr@i...> wrote:
              > > At 01:34 AM 1/3/2003 +0000, Monroe M. White III <irondraggon@a...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >You guys aren't gonna believe this, but I just got a Tanks box and
              > > >Tanks blister for only $65, both sealed in their original
              > packaging!
              > > >So, if you're searching for any Supremacy stuff, I highly recommend
              > > >*dr_smith* on ebay. He had a note on his auctions that said to
              > please
              > > >feel free to email him for any Supremacy needs that you may have,
              > so
              > > >I sent my wish list to him, and sure enough he had exactly what I
              > was
              > > >looking for. A few excited emails later, we worked out a deal for
              > the
              > > >goods at only $25 for the Tanks box and $35 for the Tanks blister.
              > > >didn't even have to fight anyone else for them, despite the fact
              > that
              > > >he was intending to put them up on auction in a few days. He
              > probably
              > > >could've gotten $50 for the Tanks blister alone, but he chose to
              > help
              > > >me complete my set for a very affordable price instead. I didn't
              > even
              > > >have to haggle with him either. He told me to make him an offer,
              > and
              > > >he only asked for $10 more than what I offered him for the pair,
              > plus
              > > >$5 shipping. I couldn't have had a more pleasant experience in
              > dozens
              > > >of transactions with other ebay sellers. His communications were
              > very
              > > >polite and quick to reply, and I received his package in record
              > time.
              > > >So, now I'm just waiting to receive my CLMM set from DrNous, and
              > I'll
              > > >finally have a 100% complete set! I'm sure y'all know how pleasant
              > > >and helpful he is as well, so I'll save that story until I get it.
              > > >

              > > Actually, I think $35 (maybe $40) was what I paid for a Tanks
              > blister (for
              > > those who've never seen it, it's the black tanks for neutrals) a
              > year or so
              > > ago.
              > >
              > > Scott Orr

            • Denis Lavergne
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                If one does not mind using other pieces, you can purchase all the pieces
                of "Axis and Allies" (original game) for around $10 from Hasbro.

                Another option is to purchase miniature subs and planes from one of the
                many stores for around $0.50 - $0.75 each.

                Personally, I find the prices on eBay to be way too high. But, if you
                absolutely need the original pieces. ;-)

                Denis

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                  HMM... $51 and the reserve still hasn't been met yet, looks like this
                  guy expects to get $75 for those Boomers one way or another. I might
                  see them being worth that much if they were still in the package, but
                  to charge extortion fees like that for a loose set is a bit extreme.
                  Now y'all know why I was so impressed with *dr_smith* and his tanks!
                  BTW, he told me that someone recently discovered a warehouse full of
                  unopened Tanks boxes, Mega Map boxes, and C-in-C Rulebooks somewhere,
                  so that's why there's so many of those 3 things available right now.

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/