1015NYCC 2013: ‘Women of Marvel’ Panel Spotlights Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Loki, &

  • supermutant2099
    Oct 18, 2013

      (thanks to comicfan298 for the find)

      Posted a day ago by Ben Silverio0

      _MG_0070

      As each year passes, the increasingly popular “Women of Marvel” panel gets bigger and bigger. At this year’s New York Comic Con, it occupied one of the biggest halls that the convention center had to offer and boasted a full house to see the likes of Kelly Sue DeConnick, Sara Pichelli, Janet Lee, Stephanie Hans, Jeanie Schaefer, Lauren Sankovitvh, Emily Shaun, Ellie Pyle, Judy Stephens, and Sana Amanat.

      Throughout the panel, the ladies had plenty to talk about with their highly anticipated upcoming comics like the recently announced ‘She-Hulk’ and ‘Black Widow’, plus the ‘Trial of Jean Grey’ crossover between ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and various X-Men books. But aside from the amazing books that they have a hand in creating, there was also a lot of excellent discussion about proper representation in comics and the necessity for more girls who love comics to get into the business. Overall, it was quite an inspirational panel sprinkled with a lot of new and incredible artwork.

      Because Kelly Sue was present, the Carol Corps was out in full force (including an adorable dog cosplaying as Captain Marvel). So, as a treat for all of them and the rest of the crowd that piled into that hall, they displayed some exclusive art from the double-sized issue #17 coming out in November. We were also told that a new villain is being introduced that would be extremely important and worth paying attention to.

      Then, Bruce Banner’s cousin Jennifer Walters entered the spotlight as we laid eyes on She-Hulk’s new costume by Javier Pullido. Additionally, we got the first look at the Amanda Conner variant cover for the first issue of the series that’s similar to ‘Hawkeye’ in that we’ll see Jennifer as both an Avenger and a lawyer, all while being very sassy.

      Finally, the God of Mischief made an appearance at the panel as they showed off some new art from the brand new ‘Loki: Agent of Asgard’ book by Al Ewing which will see the trickster carrying out missions for the All-Mother in exchange for things that he wants. The panel also addressed the matter of Loki being an adult despite being a kid in Kieron Gillen’s beloved ‘Young Avengers’ series.  While not sharing any details, we were warned to have a box of tissues ready on the 23rd when we pick up ‘Young Avengers’ #11 as it apparently hits you right in the feels.

      To check out art from those three titles, plus ‘Fearless Defenders’, ‘X-Men’, and ‘Black Widow’, check out the gallery below:

      IMG_0052
      _MG_0056
      _MG_0058

      _MG_0060