Re: [SC] Interaction script

  • chilton@tca.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 1969
      > My painfully obvious question: How do I do this in SuperCard; that is
      > send a message like the "do script.... to Interaction"?

      Well, most scripting languages have an apple event known as 'miscdosc'
      which means 'miscelaneous - do script...'. So if Interaction is
      following the lead of other scriping languages, your syntax would be
      thus...

      send "(expire #p\" & quote & "home:documents;index.html\" & quote &
      ")" to program "Interaction" with "miscdosc"

      -Chilton
    • Terry Judd
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2001
        >In order to have an SC ACGI present an XML document for preprocessing
        >by Interaction and service by PQP, I have to "expire" the old
        >document in
        >Interaction's Cache Database, so it will reload the new one. In a recent
        >exchange with Terje Noderhaug, he said:
        >
        > I remembered wrong: There are no expire command exposed as an apple
        > event. However, it can be activated using a do script command with
        > the expire statement in LISP:
        >
        > tell application "Interaction"
        > do script "(expire #p\"home:documents;index.html\")"
        > end tell

        Adam, do you just mean you want to run this AppleScript from within SC?

        If so then the following will work

        create a string containing the above script...
        i.e. put "tell application" && quote & "Interaction" & quote & cr
        etc. ... into tScript

        the run the script using the following syntax

        get Script(do, AppleScript, tScript)

        I don't think FlameThrower has AppleScript support built in so if
        you're using it you'll have to use Mark Lucas's AppleScript external
        that is in one of the Wetware collections.

        Cheers,

        Terry...

        > This AppleScript should take care of expiring the home page HTML
        > document so that Interaction updates its cache database. You need
        > to change the path name depending on where the file is of course.
        >
        > You should be able to write a similar script in Supercard/
        > Flamethrower if you are more familiar with their script syntax.
        >
        >This can be done for XML 'entities' and CSS docs as well.
        >
        >My painfully obvious question: How do I do this in SuperCard; that is
        >send a message like the "do script.... to Interaction"?
        >
        >Adam
        Dr Terry Judd
        Multimedia Developer

        Biomedical Multimedia Unit
        Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
        The University of Melbourne
        Email: t.judd@...
        Phone: 03 9344 0187
        Fax: 03 9344 4998