Re: [SC] Digest Number 293, Flamethrower/Interaction/PGP

  • Joe Treacy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2001
      Re:

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:21:52 -0300
      > From: "Adam C. Bell" <abell@...>
      >Subject: Flamethrower/Interaction/PGP
      >
      >Next, I want Flamethrower to pass a script-generated XML document
      >using entities defined in Interaction to Interaction (replacing dummy
      >pages in place as placeholders so Interaction knows they exist).
      >Interaction will serve these with style, entities, and it's internal
      >site data, methinks.

      Not that this is a direct assistance, of course, but in case anyone is
      interested and might find it useful, here's an XML-related item I noticed
      this on another list (MACSCRPT ??) back in March, and made note of it.

      I have not tried it myself.

      (Perhaps it might be possible for these people to extend their support to
      from AppleScript, to Supertalk?)

      -Joe

      ------------------------------

      Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:58:53 -0800
      From: Mark Alldritt <alldritt@...>
      Subject: ANNOUNCE: XML Tools 2.2

      Hi Folks,

      We have just released version 2.2 of our free XML Tools AppleScript
      scripting addition. XML Tools provides XML parsing and generation
      services
      to AppleScript. Version 2.2 introduces native MacOS X support.

      http://www.latenightsw.com/freeware/XMLTools2/

      Cheers
      -Mark

      Mark Alldritt Late Night Software Ltd.
      Phone: 250-380-1725 333 Moss Street
      FAX: 250-383-3204 Victoria, B.C.
      WEB: http://www.latenightsw.com/ CANADA V8V-4M9

    • yahoo@in-progress.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
        >Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:21:52 -0300
        >From: "Adam C. Bell" <abell@...>
        >Subject: Flamethrower/Interaction/PGP
        >
        >Next, I want Flamethrower to pass a script-generated XML document
        >using entities defined in Interaction to Interaction (replacing dummy
        >pages in place as placeholders so Interaction knows they exist).
        >Interaction will serve these with style, entities, and it's internal
        >site data, methinks.

        This can be achieved by making Interaction pull the generated XML content
        from Flamethrower before it processes the XML into a standard HTML page
        using a server side XSL transformation and optionally CSS.

        This means that you can use Flamethrower to generate dynamic content,
        integrate the result with other dynamic and static content, while
        maintaining stylesheets for the look & feel of the website in one place
        instead of hardcoding HTML tags into Flamethrower and other generators of
        dynamic content.

        I have sent you more details privately about how you can set this up. We
        are eager to make Interaction work well with Flamethrower.

        -- Terje <terje@...> | Media Design in*Progress
        Software for Mac Web Professionals at <http://www.in-progress.com>
        Take Advantage of Server Side XML and XSL with Interaction!

        Introducing my new son Erik, born April 16th 2001, 1560g/3lb7oz...
        Finally home June 11th at 6lb7oz!