Re: [SC] Re: Vector Drawing Program Test

  • Stéphane Leys
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
      Le mercredi, 1 sep 2004, à 03:17 Europe/Paris, Ian Bridges a écrit :

      > Very clever of them to come up with that solution.

      Let's render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, the initial idea comes
      from John Johnston.
      Lorenz implemented the RGB selector and I implemented the HSV selector.
      John and Lorenz, Correct me if I'm wrong ;-)
      In MPI, the Millons of colors module is open source. So, if you dig it,
      you'll see how it works. Look at the setRGBPD handler in the script of
      the bg and the RGBpict uprop of the window.

      S.

      --
      Stéphane Leys
      http://modulopi.free.fr/
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
        Thanks Stéphane, I'll look into that.
        On a ModuloPi note, can I ask whether the objectCursor property is
        handled by an external you have added or whether it adds some code to a
        project?

        cheers

        Alec

        On 1 Sep 2004, at 09:52, Stéphane Leys wrote:

        > Le mercredi, 1 sep 2004, à 03:17 Europe/Paris, Ian Bridges a écrit :
        >
        > > Very clever of them to come up with that solution.
        >
        > Let's render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, the initial idea
        > comes
        > from John Johnston.
        > Lorenz implemented the RGB selector and I implemented the HSV
        > selector.
        > John and Lorenz, Correct me if I'm wrong ;-)
        > In MPI, the Millons of colors module is open source. So, if you dig
        > it,
        > you'll see how it works. Look at the setRGBPD handler in the script of
        > the bg and the RGBpict uprop of the window.
        >
        > S.
        >
        > --
        > Stéphane Leys
        > http://modulopi.free.fr/

      • Stéphane Leys
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
          Le mercredi, 1 sep 2004, à 13:18 Europe/Paris, Alec Hole a écrit :

          > On a ModuloPi note, can I ask whether the objectCursor property is
          > handled by an external you have added or whether it adds some code to a
          > project?

          The objectCursor is an official feature (see the AllowObjectCursors
          entry in the LG). No external, no code added to the project. You must
          define a user property of the object with this name. It requires that
          the AllowObjectCursors global property is set to true. And also that
          the cursor described in the objectCursor userprop is in the resources
          of your project if it isn't already in the sharedfile or if you build a
          standalone.

          S.
          --
          Stéphane Leys
          http://modulopi.free.fr/
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
            Yeah Ken,
            With Jaguar, I plugged in a ³Windows only² powered USB hub.
            Worked right off the bat.
            I plugged in a ³Windows only² memory card reader to that powered USB hub.
            Worked right off the bat.

            Love it! :-)
            Vic Pierce

            On 9/1/04 11:14 AM, "Ken Norris (dialup)" <pixelbird@...> wrote:

            > Howdy,
            >
            > Well, I finally hooked up my first-ever disk burner to my Sawtooth Mac. I
            > know, I know, I'm a little behind the times here. But first, the negative
            > side of the issue:
            >
            > I bought one about 5 months ago, but I couldn't install it inside the
            > machine unless I removed the DVD drive, which I need. There is a hardware
            > shelf under the current DVD drive, but it's for a Zip or floppy drive. This
            > shelf is too narrow and has eleveated siderails, has a turn in it that
            > narrows it even further (to about 2") and continues all the way to the back
            > of the box where part of the power supply is mounted to it. It is not
            > possible to mount an _additional_ internal CD/DVD/CD-R drive into the
            > machine as is.
            >
            > Does anyone know if there are _othe_r hardware shelves available for the
            > Sawtooth? I'd have no problem changing it. I might want to add an internal
            > drive again some day.
            >
            > I got the CD-R on sale for $50 locally, or I wouldn't have it at all. So, I
            > had to end up buying an external case for it. The case is pretty cool,
            > though; it has bracket adapters and will mount a CD, CD-R, DVD, Zip, floppy,
            > or Hard Drive, so I can always reuse it if I need to.
            >
            > The CD-R was easy to mount and plug into the new case. Here's the cool part:
            > I plugged it in, connected the USB cable, clicked the tray button and put in
            > a blank CD-R disk. The Mac threw a dialog asking me what I wanted to do. I
            > chose iTunes, burned a tune to the CD-R, and played it back to check.
            >
            > Both hardware devices, the CD-R drive and the extrnal case, each came with
            > installation disks for Windows PeeCees. It looks like there were 4-5 steps
            > _each_ needed to install and check drivers. But with the Mac under Panther
            > -- nothing. I just plug stuff in and it works! If I had to put it into the
            > Compaq, I'd probably still be dealing with it.
            >
            > Amazing Mac!
            >
            > :-)
            > Ken N.

          • Ken Norris (dialup)