WANTED: Information on negative holders

  • Kathy Lynn Lunde
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      I'm interested in finding a store or website that sells quality
      negative holders (I assume plastic, of some sort), either individually
      or as a sheet, to hold vintage negatives (from the 40's, 50's, and
      60's) with such odd sizes as 2-3/4” x 4-1/4”, 5-1/2” x 1-9/16", 6” x
      1-9/16”, and 5-3/4” x 1-13/16” (including other dimensions). Perhaps a
      catalogue of this kind of stuff?

      Thanks!
    • Elizabeth Steward
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi Kathy!
        I recommend Metal Edge for anything photographic. I've purchased lots
        of storage supplies from them. I learned of them while working in the
        archives at History San Jose a while back.
        http://www.metaledgeinc.com/
        Sincerely,
        Liz

        --- In SunnyvaleCafe@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Lynn Lunde <kathylunde@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm interested in finding a store or website that sells quality
        > negative holders (I assume plastic, of some sort), either
        individually
        > or as a sheet, to hold vintage negatives (from the 40's, 50's, and
        > 60's) with such odd sizes as 2-3/4" x 4-1/4", 5-1/2" x 1-9/16", 6" x
        > 1-9/16", and 5-3/4" x 1-13/16" (including other dimensions). Perhaps
        > catalogue of this kind of stuff?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Kathy Lynn Lunde
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
          Hi, Liz.
          Thank you sooo much for this referral. Several years back, I used the
          Dark Room in Mountain View (one of the only shows in town at the time)
          to reproduce old family photos (and they charged a fortune with not
          very good reproductions), and I finally stopped when they attached the
          original of my mother's wedding picture by a paper clip to their
          envelope with the reproduction.
          Best,
          Kathy