Homilies for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter

  • Munachi E. Ezeogu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      Wednesday, April 4, 2007
      Current Members: 8559

      ¤ To visit this group on the web, go to:

      ¤ To visit or join the Sunday Homilies Prayer Support Group, go to:

      ¤ To visit our Sunday Homilies Weblog, go to
      http://sundayhomilies.blogspot.com/

      ¤ To subscribe and receive weekly Sunday Homilies, send a blank email
      to: SundayHomilies-Subscribe@...

      ¤ To unsubscribe and stop receiving Sunday Homilies, send a blank
      email to: SundayHomilies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ¤ If you use bulk mail filter, please add our email address to your
      friendly email address list so that our mails will be delivered to
      your inbox and not to your junk mail folder.

      ¤ Disclaimer: The ad banner is not part of SundayHomilies content. It
      is inserted by Yahoo as a condition for using their free list server.

      <*}}}<>( )><{{{*>

      Dear Subscriber,

      The homilies for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter (April 5, 6
      and 8 2007) have been posted. My sincere apologies for the late
      posting. With the homilies I send you prayers for God's blessings as
      you study and share His word. Please say a prayer also for me.

      <*}}}<>( )><{{{*>

      HOMILY FOR HOLY THURSDAY - ON THE GOSPEL

      THEME: Eucharist and Washing of Feet

      Click on the following link to read the homiliy:

      http://www.munachi.com/z/holythursday.htm
      here</a>

      <*}}}<>(

      HOMILY FOR GOOD FRIDAY - ON THE GOSPEL

      THEME: It Is Finished

      http://www.munachi.com/z/goodfriday.htm
      here</a>

      <*}}}<>(

      HOMILY FOR EASTER SUNDAY - ON THE GOSPEL

      THEME: Halleluiah, Praise the Lord!

      http://www.munachi.com/z/easter.htm

      <*}}}<>( )><{{{*>

      JOKE OF THE WEEK
      Jokes that You Can Use!

      <*}}}<>( )><{{{*>

      What Is Easter?
      --------------

      Three blondes died and are at the pearly gates of Heaven. St. Peter
      tells them that they can enter the gates if they can answer one
      simple question.

      St. Peter asks the first blonde, "What is Easter?"

      The first blonde replies, "Oh, that's easy! It's the holiday in
      November when everyone gets together, eats turkey, and are thankful."

      "Wrong!," replies St. Peter, and proceeds to ask the second blonde
      the same question, "What is Easter?"

      The second blonde replies, "Easter is the holiday in December when we
      put up a nice tree, exchange presents, and celebrate the birth of
      Jesus."

      St. Peter looks at the second blonde, shakes his head in disgust,
      tells her she's wrong, and then peers over his glasses at the third
      blonde. He asks, "What is Easter?"

      The third blonde smiles confidently and looks St. Peter in the
      eyes, "I know what Easter is."

      "Oh?" says St. Peter, incredulously.

      "Easter is the Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish
      celebration of Passover. Jesus and his disciples were eating at the
      last supper and Jesus was later deceived and turned over to the
      Romans by one of his disciples. The Romans took him to be crucified
      and he was stabbed in the side, made to wear a crown of thorns, and
      was hung on a cross with nails through his hands. He was buried in a
      nearby cave which was sealed off by a large boulder."

      St. Peter smiles broadly with delight.

      The third blonde continues, "Every year the boulder is moved aside so
      that Jesus can come out... and, if he sees his shadow, there will be
      six more weeks of winter.

      <*}}}<>( )><{{{*>

      If you like these homilies, you can help our ministry by forwarding
      them to a friend. Your friend will thank you for it. SPREAD THE GOOD
      NEWS!

      An Easter Blessing for You

      May God bless you at Easter and keep you all year through.
      May God give you all the faith it takes to make your dreams come true.
      May His love and wisdom always help to guide you on your way.
      May His light shine down upon you now to bless your Easter Day.

      May the peace of the Risen Christ
      Fill your heart with joy.

      Happy Easter

      Fr Munachi E. Ezeogu, C.S.Sp.