Re: Martial Arts and Sun Tzu

  • kueikutzu
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2002
      On this topic, I observed a Wu style Taijiquan course in applications
      taught by Eagle Claw Master Leung Shum last night. Very interesting.
      It reminded me of Aikido to a certain degree, mostly in the way the
      the student places onself in a position where one has a strategic
      advantage to the opponent and where an ounce of pressure will overturn
      them with little effort.

      Like Aikido, there seems to be a certain amount of leading the
      opponents mind to a certain place, so that it is easier to overturn
      them by use of misdirection.

      Of course, some of it is Chin na; and if you grab someone in a really
      good joint lock, their hearts and minds will follow! <grin>

      Regards
      Douglas