503Re: Sun Bin on the big screen

  • kueikutzu
    May 1, 2011
      Briefly
      The story, plot holes, random ridiculousness (the famous horse race becomes a chariot race with Sun Bin driving one of the chariots)
      Pang Juan's sister has the hots for Sun Bin
      The whole point of the death of Pang Juan is lost.
      Sun Bin's death is utter rubbish
      By making the character of Sun Bin such a fool, his descent into madness seems merely a little more rather than a descent (he is played like "Rain Man" BEFORE his betrayal)
      The woman warrior was quite fetching and acted descently. The only plus in the whole thing.
      Feh.

      --- In Sun_Tzu@yahoogroups.com, "cispro888" <cispro888@...> wrote:

      > > I saw it Briefly
      > >
      > > Ma Ma Fu Fu
      >
      > Why was it "Ma Ma Fu Fu"?
      >
      > fwiw, there is an older version of this storyline. The English name was "Battle of the Minds" I think!? It was produced in Taiwan about 1969. I thought it was ok. I gave it a strong C+. You might find it on KYLIN channel.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic