497Sun Bin on the big screen

  • kueikutzu
    Apr 4, 2011
      http://asianmediawiki.com/The_Warring_States
      Set during China's Warring States Period (475 BC – 221 BC), "The Warring States" centers on the rivalry between military strategists Sun Bin (Honglei Sun) and Pang Juan (Francis Ng).

      I came across this by accident, the release date is this month in China I beleive.

      I don't know how good it will be but it will almost certainly be better than the bizarre Kung Fu film "The Art of War" which used Sun Bin minus his legs, but in it he joined with other maimed martial artists to create one big Kung Fu figher if memory serves.

      Even if it just contains the line "Pang Juan dies on this spot, it will be worth it.

      Also, as I've mentioned before if you want to see a cinematic treatement of Mozi's prinicples, see the excellent but underpublicized "a battle of wits"
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic