Took the SCJA exam

  • kamalakar chittamuru
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2005

      Hi All,

         I took the SCJA exam on 24th of this month.

         Exam is not that difficult, if you are aware of J2SE, UML, basics of J2EE and J2ME.

         Total q's are 122 and majority of them from J2SE and UML.

         The following are my observations:

         All q's are multiple choice, i got only 1 drag & drop, no fill in the blank q's.

         J2SE:

      1)        If you prepared for SCJP, that should be fine for J2SE q's.

      2)        2 – 4 q's on Enumeration and the new for loop (syntax and how to use)

      3)        I got most of the q's are what is the output for a given piece of code.

      4)        Should be aware of java & javac options ( classpath, verbose, version etc)

         UML:

      1)        Should have a good understanding of aggregation, composition, association and multiplicity indicators.

      2)        Should be able to identify the relationship based on the UML diagram.

      3)        Should be able to identify the interface, abstract class and class diagrams.

      4)        I believe this  http://www.hfoobook.com/pd f/hfoo-associateuml.pdf  10 pages document should be fine    to answer all UML q's

      5)        Implementation of encapsulation and polymorphism.

      J2EE:

      1)        Basic q's about JSP, Servlets, EJB and JMS

      2)        Should be aware of what is the purpose of JNDI.

      3)        Advantages of Swing and Applets.

      J2ME

      1)        Basics of J2ME and MIDlets.

      Will get the results after 6-8 weeks.

      Thanks
      -Kamalakar

    • Satheesh Thalladi
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 28, 2005
        Hello Everyone,

        I took exam today and I felt it was easy. Adding to below email..

        I got more questions on..
        1) what would be the output of a given program
        2) Given an algorithm which of the following code does the job correctly
        3) UML diagram to code translation ( composition, multiplicity... )
        4) More on Inheritance and Interfaces

        2-3 Questions on "program to interface" implementation

        Concept level questions on J2EE ( all tiers), JNDI, RMI, EJB, JMS,
        J2ME, SMTP, JavaMail and SQL

        Wish you the best to the one who have nt taken it yet.

        Satheesh

        On 6/28/05, kamalakar chittamuru <kamalcreddy@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >

        > I took the SCJA exam on 24th of this month.
        >
        > Exam is not that difficult, if you are aware of J2SE, UML, basics of J2EE
        > and J2ME.
        >
        > Total q's are 122 and majority of them from J2SE and UML.
        >

        > The following are my observations:
        >
        > All q's are multiple choice, i got only 1 drag & drop, no fill in the
        > blank q's.
        >

        > J2SE:
        >
        > 1) If you prepared for SCJP, that should be fine for J2SE q's.
        >
        > 2) 2 – 4 q's on Enumeration and the new for loop (syntax and how to
        > use)
        >
        > 3) I got most of the q's are what is the output for a given piece of
        > code.
        >
        > 4) Should be aware of java & javac options ( classpath, verbose,
        > version etc)
        >

        > UML:
        >

        > 1) Should have a good understanding of aggregation, composition,
        > association and multiplicity indicators.
        >
        > 2) Should be able to identify the relationship based on the UML
        > diagram.
        >
        > 3) Should be able to identify the interface, abstract class and class
        > diagrams.
        >
        > 4) I believe this http://www.hfoobook.com/pd f/hfoo-associateuml.pdf
        > 10 pages document should be fine to answer all UML q's
        >
        > 5) Implementation of encapsulation and polymorphism.
        >

        > J2EE:
        >
        > 1) Basic q's about JSP, Servlets, EJB and JMS
        >
        > 2) Should be aware of what is the purpose of JNDI.
        >
        > 3) Advantages of Swing and Applets.
        >

        > J2ME
        >
        > 1) Basics of J2ME and MIDlets.
        >

        > Will get the results after 6-8 weeks.
        >
        > Thanks
        > -Kamalakar

        > Please report spam to
        > Sun_Certified_Java_Associate-owner@yahoogroups.com

        > ________________________________

      • Yati
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
          Hi all,

          My SCJA is on 15th of July. Iam still confused abt J2EE and J2SE usage. Can somebody clear me - where shud we use J2EE and wen J2SE?

          Thanks & regards,
          Yati
        • Nadeem Haq
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
            Hi Yati,
            Please go through the following link to distinguish the
            characteristics of J2SE,J2ME and J2EE.

            http://distancelearning.ksi.edu/demo/ba519/Ch01b.html

            Regards,
            Nadeem Haque.

            On 7/12/05, Yati <yatitandon@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > My SCJA is on 15th of July. Iam still confused abt J2EE and J2SE usage. Can
            > somebody clear me - where shud we use J2EE and wen J2SE?
            >
            > Thanks & regards,
            > Yati

            > Please report spam to
            > Sun_Certified_Java_Associate-owner@yahoogroups.com

            > ________________________________

          • Yati
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
              Tx Nadeem.

              On 7/12/05, Nadeem Haq <NadeemHaq@...> wrote:
              Hi Yati,
              Please go through the following link to distinguish the
              characteristics of J2SE,J2ME and J2EE.

              http://distancelearning.ksi.edu/demo/ba519/Ch01b.html

              Regards,
              Nadeem Haque.

              On 7/12/05, Yati <yatitandon@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > My SCJA is on 15th of July. Iam still confused abt J2EE and J2SE usage. Can
              > somebody clear me - where shud we use J2EE and wen J2SE?
              >
              > Thanks & regards,
              > Yati

              >  Please report spam to
              > Sun_Certified_Java_Associate-owner@yahoogroups.com

              Please report spam to Sun_Certified_Java_Associate-owner@yahoogroups.com

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              --
              ♦..·:*¨¨*¨¨*:·..♦
              Regards;
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                Hi all
                             I have one doubt about the multiple question which have more than one correct answer  . In exam, is it mentioned that select two correct anawers or select three answers.....

                Please tell me , I have my exam on 15 th of July.

                Thanks
                  Palavi

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Yati
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                  Hi Palavi, You hv to select 2 or 3 answers depending on the question. Hows ur prep. coming up ? Best Luck for Xm. R u planning to go for other certifications ?

                  Regards,
                  yati

                • K. Mahesh
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                    Hi Palavi,

                    If a question has more than one correct answer, it tells exactly how
                    many you should select and if you select more or less, it will keep
                    track of it as an incomplete question so that you can review them in
                    the end ( this is from my SCJP Aug-2001 experience - Hope this has
                    not changed ).

                    Regards,
                    K. Mahesh

                    --- In Sun_Certified_Java_Associate@yahoogroups.com, Palavi Tim
                    <tim_palavi@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi all
                    > I have one doubt about the multiple question which
                    have more than one correct answer . In exam, is it mentioned that
                    select two correct anawers or select three answers.....

                    > Please tell me , I have my exam on 15 th of July.
                    >

                    > Thanks
                    > Palavi

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Ramkumar
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                      Hi All,

                      I had around 15 months of experience in java.
                      I was not in touch with java for almost 2 years now as
                      i'm working in multiple technologies. now i want to
                      refresh my java skills. i've registered myself for the
                      Beta exam and is scheduled on Jul15.
                      Just to check will it be comforatable for reentrants
                      like me. I cud see from the forum the exam suites well
                      for Beginners and i hope it shud be easy for me too.
                      Any comments.Any Suggestions for exam preparation.

                      Thanks
                      Ram

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Robson Pastor
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 13, 2005
                        Mahesh
                        In SCJA is still like you said.
                        If you did a incomplete answer it tells you.
                        So, don't worry about it.

                        Pastor

                        > If a question has more than one correct answer, it tells exactly how
                        > many you should select and if you select more or less, it will keep
                        > track of it as an incomplete question so that you can review them in
                        > the end ( this is from my SCJP Aug-2001 experience - Hope this has
                        > not changed ).
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > K. Mahesh
                        >
                        > --- In Sun_Certified_Java_Associate@yahoogroups.com, Palavi Tim
                        > <tim_palavi@y...> wrote:
                        > > Hi all
                        > > I have one doubt about the multiple question which
                        > have more than one correct answer . In exam, is it mentioned that
                        > select two correct anawers or select three answers.....
                        > >
                        > > Please tell me , I have my exam on 15 th of July.
                        > >

                        > > Thanks
                        > > Palavi

                        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        > Please report spam to
                        Sun_Certified_Java_Associate-owner@yahoogroups.com
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        >

                        > --
                        9/7/2005

                      • Frederico Werly
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 13, 2005
                          the question will tell you how many right answers you´ll have to choose ;-)
                          don´t worry ...

                          On 7/12/05, Yati <yatitandon@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Palavi, You hv to select 2 or 3 answers depending on the question. Hows
                          > ur prep. coming up ? Best Luck for Xm. R u planning to go for other
                          > certifications ?
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          > yati

                          > Please report spam to
                          > Sun_Certified_Java_Associate-owner@yahoogroups.com

                          > ________________________________

                        • srikanth bodla
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 14, 2005
                            Hi Ram,

                            I think it is a good oppurtunity for you to
                            refresh the knowledge you had. As you know, human
                            tendency is to slack unless there is some
                            pressure on one.

                            I would say Go get it.......

                            good luck.
                            bye