Activation alert.

  • Mike Olbrisch
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2012
      Thanks all for working Ron on 40m and 20m. It was a successful activation
      although quite short notice. So this is a little more notice.

      Ron intends to activate west Mountain W5N/SC-014 starting at 2300 Tomorrow.
      He will be trying 20m and 40m again. Look around 14.110 +/- QRM again.

      I will not get home until 0010 UTC or there-abouts. So I cannot spot him.

      If someone with Echo-Link capability would care to link to K5RIC repeater in
      Ruidoso NM and spot Ron, that would be a big help.

      (Ron really needs a good smart phone!).

      Vy73 - Mike - KD9KC.
      El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.
      W5-SOTA Association Manager.
      NA-SOTA info: http://na-sota.org/
    • Mike Olbrisch
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
        Well - I wanted to activate Mount Franklin today. But I woke up feeling
        kinda sore. Things are improving now, and while I do not feel up to an
        activation of Mount Franklin (the 2nd most difficult hike in the area) I do
        feel up to Mount Cristo Rey. Watch for me in about 2 hours +/-.

        Time: 1930 UTC +/-
        Band: All
        Mode: SSB, CW, FM
        Summit designator: W5N/PO-010
        Summit Name: Mount Cristo Rey
        Points: 4
        Location: DM61rs
        Elevation: 4675

        Band-Mode requests welcome on my phone, text to (915) 526-8966 or use this
        link.

        http://www.tinyurl.com/Text-KD9KC/

        Put 9155268966 in the Send To: block. Put your call sign in the From:
        block. Put our mode-freq request in the Your Message: block.

        It is 91º - sunny and getting hotter. Time to get moving.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2012
          Well - I wanted to activate Mount Franklin yesterday. But I woke up feeling
          kinda sore. Today is much better - I am on my way out the door now.

          Time: 1700 UTC +/-
          Band: All
          Mode: SSB, CW, FM
          Summit designator: W5T/FR-005
          Summit Name: Mount Franklin
          Points: 8
          Location: DM61st
          Elevation: 6063

          Band-Mode requests welcome on my phone, text to (915) 526-8966 or use this
          link.

          http://www.tinyurl.com/Text-KD9KC/

          Put 9155268966 in the Send To: block. Put your call sign in the From:
          block. Put our mode-freq request in the Your Message: block.

          It is 74º - sunny and getting hotter. expecting 101º. Time to get moving.