Promo / Excerpt: Guilty As Charged / Anna James / Contemporary Romance

  • Anna James
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      guiltyascharged2-final1.jpg

      Get lost in a world filled with passion drama and romance! Pick up your copy of Guilty As Charged today.

      Guilty As Charged, the first book in the Bradford Sisters Trilogy, is now available from Sugar and Spice Press.  http://www.sugarnspicepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=123

      Here is a taste of the story to wet the appetite:

      Watch the Bookhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZQCpU1fApE

      Blurb:
      Passion ignites between Nicole Bradford and Max Paradis the second they lay eyes on each another. Nicole seems to be everything that Max is looking for in a woman. She’s sweet and loving and incredibly sexy. But looks can be deceiving. Hadn’t he learned that the hard way?

      Nicole is crazy for Max. He is sensitive, caring and his kisses are to die for. But when secrets from her past are revealed will she be found innocent or is she Guilty as Charged?

      Excerpt:
      The door to Reed’s office burst open, crashing against the adjoining wall. Reed looked up. Nicole turned to see who had made all the noise. Max stood in the opening, a thunderous expression on his face.

      “Well, big brother, what can we do for you?” Reed queried in a casual tone.

      Max didn’t answer; he just stood glaring at Nicole.

      “M–Max, you’re home early.”

      “Surprise,” he said sarcastically.

      “What the hell is wrong with you?” Reed asked.

      Instead of answering, he strode into the room and stopped in front of Nicole.

      Suddenly, she was on full alert. She noticed the large manila envelope in his hand. The letterhead on the front made her sick with shock.

      “Care to explain this?” he drawled, his tone at odds with the aggression emanating from every fiber of his being.

      “What is it?” Reed asked a confused look on his face.

      It was what she feared most. Legal documents, containing, no doubt, her arrest record and everything else about that horrible incident that had happened so long ago.

      “Well?” Max asked ominously.

      Nicole couldn’t speak. What could she say? It was all there in black and white.

      After several moments of electrifying silence, Max turned his attention to Reed. “Are you aware you’ve hired a convicted felon, little brother?”

      “I am not a convicted felon.”

      He turned toward her. “I stand corrected, you were never convicted, however¾” Nicole made to speak, but Max overrode her efforts. His attention was on Reed again as he continued. “As I was saying, are you aware that you’ve hired a drug smuggler?”

      Reed’s eyes opened wide and Nicole cringed in her seat.

      She shot to her feet. “That’s enough.  You know nothing about what happened.”

      “Oh, you’re ex-lover Carlo was more than happy to tell me what happened when he met me at the airport this morning. He told me what you’re really like. You present this sweet, innocent facade to the world, but these—” He picked up one of the documents that lay strewn across the desk and threw it at her. “These tell the truth about who you really are.”

      “Max, you can’t be serious. There’s got to be some mistake.”

      “There’s no mistake, little brother. See, she’s not even going to deny it.”
      Nicole glared at him, furious now, her body shaking with anger. “You think just because…” Her voice trailed off.  She threw her hands in the air, a gesture of defeat, and then slumped into her chair. What was the use in trying to explain?  He wasn’t going to believe her. No one had believed her before. No matter how hard she had tried to convince them that she was innocent of any wrongdoing. She stood again and addressed Reed. “You’ll have my resignation on your desk tomorrow morning. I’m sorry.”  She turned and walked out the door with her head held high.

      --
      Happy Reading,

      Anna James