FW: Our Sins After We Repent from Them fm:[Khalid Latif ]

  • Sheikh Mehdi abd al Qadir Malang
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007
      Our Sins after We Repent from Them:

      Avail the opportunity in the forthcoming month of Ramadaan

      The Qur'ân and Sunnah speak frequently and emphatically about the
      fact that a worshipper who repents and asks forgiveness for his sins
      will be forgiven and will not be asked about those sins again. In
      fact, Allah tells us that those sins will be exchanged for good deeds.

      Allah says: "Except those who repent and believe and work righteous
      deeds, for them Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds, and
      Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Sûrah al-Furqân: 70]

      Ibn Kathîr discusses the issue of evil deeds being changed to good
      deeds in his Tafsîr, saying:

      There are two opinions on what it means…The second opinion is that
      those evil deeds that have passed are turned into good deeds by way
      of the true and sincere repentance itself. This is because every time
      that person remembers what he had done, he regrets it, feels remorse,
      and seeks Allah's forgiveness. In this way, the sin becomes an act of
      obedience. On the Day of Judgment, even if he finds those sins
      recorded against him, they do him no harm and are turned into good
      deeds on the page of his account. This is what is established by the
      Sunnah and by the statements related to us from the Pious

      Here is the text of that hadîth:

      Allah's Messenger said: "Indeed, I know the last person to leave the
      Hellfire and the last person to enter Paradise . A man will be
      brought and it will be said: `Set aside his major sins and ask him
      only about his minor ones.' It will be said to him: `On a certain day
      did you do such deeds and on a certain day did you do such a deed?'
      He will say: `Yes', unable to deny anything of it. Then it shall be
      said to him: `For you is a good deed for each of those evil deeds.'
      Then he will say: `O My Lord! I did other things that I do not see
      (recorded) here!'"

      Thereupon Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) laughed until we
      could see his molar teeth. [Sahîh Muslim (190)]

      The human being, by nature, is prone to err. This is why the Prophet
      (peace be upon him) said: "Every descendant of Adam is oft to err,
      and the best of those who err are those who are oft to repent."
      [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (2499) and Sunan Ibn Mâjah (4251)]

      The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said: "If you were to not commit
      sins, Allah would remove you and replace you with a people who would
      commit sins and then seek Allah's forgiveness, so Allah could forgive
      them." [Sahîh Muslim (2749)]

      Ibn al-Hanafiyyah relates from `Alî that the Prophet (peace be upon
      him) said: "Indeed Allah loves the believing servant who falls into
      trials and then repents." [Musnad Ahmad (605, 810) with a weak chain
      of transmission]

      Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalânî mentions this statement in Fath al-Bârî with
      the wording: `The best of you are those of you who fall into trials
      and then repent." quoting it from Musnad al-Firdaws from `Alî.

      Therefore, we must make ourselves upright and not pine over our past
      faults. We must know that none of us are going to gain admission into
      Paradise by virtue of our deeds, but only by Allah encompassing us
      with his mercy and His grace.

      The believer may very well at times be weak and indulgent. However,
      he does not establish himself upon a sin and he does not persist in
      his heedlessness. He neither despairs of Allah's mercy nor sees
      renewal as hopeless. Instead, he resolves himself to seek Allah's
      forgiveness and to follow up his evil deed with works of
      righteousness. He knows for certain that Allah is the Most Merciful
      of all and the best in forgiveness.

      Allah's mercy encompasses all things. Allah says: "Indeed the mercy
      of Allah is near to those who do good." [Sûrah al-A`râf: 56]

      We should resolve, then, to be from among those who do good.

      We must make it our habit to remember Allah, to thank Him, and to
      seek His forgiveness, for indeed good deeds wipe away evil ones. If
      we slip and commit a sin, we must make sure not to follow it up with
      another sin.

      Instead, we must hasten to what is good and wipe away the effect of
      that evil deed from our slate. We must cleanse our countenance of it
      and remove its pain from our souls.

      The believer knows that he has no power on his own to turn from sin
      to obedience, from heedlessness to awareness, and from weakness to
      strength, except by the grace of Almighty Allah. Therefore, we ask
      Allah, by his grace and generosity, to turn us towards Him by his
      mercy, forgive us, and not to leave us to our own devices.

      Courtesy: Shaik Sadek- Premier [mailto:sadeks@...