Ramblings I head from a Marabout

  • Sheikh Mehdi abd al Qadir Malang
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2006
      Ramblings I head from a Dervish
      Be in this world as if you are a traveler a passer-by with your
      clothes and shoes full of dust. Sometimes you sit under the shade of
      a tree sometimes you walk-in the desert. Be always a passer-by for
      this is not your home.
      Nabi [peace and blessings be upon him]

      We made pathways in our lives and follow them blindly till death.
      Pride lifts our heads blinding us to all but the stones we stumble
      upon till fate brings us down with a single blow.
      Rumi

      The rose has gone from the garden what shall we do with the thorns,
      The king is not in the city what shall we do with his court,
      The fair are the cage
      Beauty and goodness the bird
      When the bird has flown what shall we do with the cage.
      Rumi
      "Know that the realty is that which man dose not make a habit, and
      the Shari'a is that which man makes a habit. Because of this
      meaning, you find change always melts the Gnostics of Allah, may
      Allah be pleased with them, because they find the element of
      increase in it. It is also understood from that, that their desire
      is that in constant travel so their compulsion continues. It is said
      that the Gnostics of Allah is always compelled and is not settled
      with other then Allah."
      The Meaning of Man
      Written more then 200 years ago by
      Sheikh Sidi al-Jamal of Fez