pathways

  • Sheikh Mehdi abd al Qadir Malang
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2006
      Are we a rose or the thorns? Do we spend years asking for a light and
      when it comes put it out because it is to bright? When the teacher
      comes are we to busy and send the teacher away only to spend years
      looking for a teacher. Do we really seek the truth or the truth we are
      comfortable with? Do we stand in the shadow of our own light and
      complain about the darkness? Do we question every question? Do we ask
      for knowledge only to dismiss it if it makes us uncomfortable? Let go
      of words set out to seek the inner light the inner love. Let that be
      your guide it is in this way the love and beloved become one. The
      tongue has no bone and yet it crushes.
      Mehdi
    • isham ishaya
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
        we are both the rose and the thorns and neither! and all questions point
        back to the one who asks!

        >From: "Sheikh Mehdi abd al Qadir Malang" <mehdimalang@...>
        >To: Sufi_Poetry@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Sufi_Poetry] pathways
        >Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 23:06:36 -0000
        >
        >Are we a rose or the thorns? Do we spend years asking for a light and
        >when it comes put it out because it is to bright? When the teacher
        >comes are we to busy and send the teacher away only to spend years
        >looking for a teacher. Do we really seek the truth or the truth we are
        >comfortable with? Do we stand in the shadow of our own light and
        >complain about the darkness? Do we question every question? Do we ask
        >for knowledge only to dismiss it if it makes us uncomfortable? Let go
        >of words set out to seek the inner light the inner love. Let that be
        >your guide it is in this way the love and beloved become one. The
        >tongue has no bone and yet it crushes.
        >Mehdi

      • Mehdi Malang
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
          Water to pure can support no fish
          On the other hand
          You cannot step on the same piece of water twice

          Yahoo! Mail