fill a hole in to escape not dig it deeper

  • Sheikh Mehdi abd al Qadir Malang
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2006
      The Dervish said,
      "It is good to be thankful to Allah that you are so well provided
      for."

      The Shakir said
      "Don't be fooled by appearances, by all the external things and
      ideas of man, for this too shall pass."
    • isham ishaya
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2006
        hey,what's a shakir? Is that a fakir who is also a sheik?... also here is
        some food for thought.so many people mistake simple words like the antedote
        between the shakir and the dervish.

        Isn't everything around us is not the work of man,but of god? and
        even the human twists we apply to gods creation is still the will of god. So
        refusing to create separation between god,or god's will and what is given us
        to experience from day to day seems like just a higher dimensional
        perspective than the more common view that dunya is bad etc.
        it seems to me that what is leaving thru the process of spiritual
        purification is all the falsity that one has accrued from a lifestyle that
        is frozen in a definition of lack and fear,which is something that has been
        taught us by the other limited beings we are surrounded with.
        Seeing Allahs will in what we are given, and being thankful for it... for
        the earth and all her blessings,for a beautiful day, seems like common sense
        to me. how will allah give more if we can't even be thankful for what we
        have?
        Being greatful for the gifts in my life has definitely opened the door
        wider for god's love and my experience of it. praise leads to
        gratitude,which leads to more love between people,and all the places there
        is a lack will be filled. eventually this leads to compassion which is more
        evolved than unconditional love......it's the love plus the wisdom to know
        how to really help someone.And that wisdom comes from being focused on god.
        And yes that gives the experience that all this is creation,a
        dream.....but for all the sham and dissapointment and pain,it is still also
        full of beauty and love and pleasure. this creation is very real for us
        untill true knowledge dawns,so why not treat it as god's body with love and
        gratitude,never forgetting for a moment our creator,and never forgetting our
        experiences are given to us as a gift ...and yes they will pass,it all
        will....even more of a reason why we should cherish this moment, It is our
        divine gift from god~ Isham