do'nt go back to sleep

  • Sheikh Mehdi abd al Qadir Malang
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5 5:03 AM
      The moth flies in to the candle lantern it has no choice the longing
      is too great.
      Birth is the first step toward death
      Die before you die is whispered to us and
      yet we ignore the longing until the fire is too great
      I saw a child carrying a light,
      I asked her were she brought it from'
      She put it out and said
      "Now tell me were has it gone."
      The wayfarer asks how and it is said `la ill la ha ill la la hu as
      much as you can
      I cannot for my way is different
      Then it is said how can one be different from the other for all lead
      to the same place
      Rumi said, "I did not show up for prayer and in the afternoon my
      brothers came looking for me. They found me in my room, my beard
      frozen to the floor. I had left my window open and in my love for
      the beloved. I wept so much my beard froze."
      Rumi writes:
      "When you are with everyone but me you are with no one
      When you are with me you are with everyone
      Instead of being so bound up with everyone be everyone
      When you become that many you are nothing empty"

      How can you fill the wine glass when it is full of illusion?
      Sneak out very late and wash your cup and have the source fill it.
      For the sake of one Rose a gardener is a slave to a thousand thorns
      As these words fall I try to catch them and yet this too is a dream
      Mehdi