Spotlight search of SEE files

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
      It would very handy to be able to search my SEE files with Spotlight directly instead of using
      a separate file content search tool.

      Is this this something that is being considered for the future?

      Thanks,

      Joel.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2007
        On 03.03.2007, at 18:01, Joel wrote:

        > It would very handy to be able to search my SEE files with
        > Spotlight directly instead of using
        > a separate file content search tool.

        Most text files should already be searchable with Spotlight. What
        kind of files are you working with?

      • kilwinningjohnboy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2007

          > On 03.03.2007, at 18:01, Joel wrote:
          >
          > > It would very handy to be able to search my SEE files with
          > > Spotlight directly instead of using
          > > a separate file content search tool.
          >
          > Most text files should already be searchable with Spotlight. What
          > kind of files are you working with?

          Try changing the name of the SubEthaEdit file to have a .txt name. Then run a spotlight
          search and see if that makes any difference.