Re: [SubEthaEdit] SubEthaEdit icons

  • Pat Dengler
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007
      I'm not sure that I can do that with pref files though...some are not clearly associated with files. The pref files that don't have the SEE icon are set to 'none' but once an app has been chosen, I can't get it back to 'none'.
      Pat

      On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Martin Pittenauer wrote:

      On 06.02.2007, at 17:15, pdenglerla wrote:

      > SEE icons are appearing in many places on my computer (MBP 2.33
      > Ghz) - this has happened
      > before with a previous installation too. Files (including
      > preferences...) that belong to other
      > programs are getting the SEE icon attached to them. Is there a fix
      > for this?

      Mac OS X associates the newest application on the system capable of
      editing files with files that have no preference for "Open With:".

      The fix is to associate the files in question with an application
      explicitly:
      Select a file in Finder, press Command-I, choose the application in
      "Open With:" and click "Change All".

      Hope this helps,

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
        On 06.02.2007, at 21:53, Pat Dengler wrote:
        > I'm not sure that I can do that with pref files though...some are
        > not clearly associated with files. The pref files that don't have
        > the SEE icon are set to 'none' but once an app has been chosen, I
        > can't get it back to 'none'.

        That's a purely cosmetical concern, if I understand correctly?

        The problem is that SubEthaEdit is capable of editing .plist files,
        tells the Finder so and automatically gets assigned. Indeed you can't
        blank icon.

        If this is a heartfelt issue, please contact me at
        monkeys@... and I will send you a personal build of
        SubEthaEdit that doesn't tell the Finder that it's capable of
        editing .plist files...