Re: [SubEthaEdit] FR: Search/replace in all open files and directory

  • Alexander Henket
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
      Can hardly wait for what you have cookin'!

      Alexander

      Op 5-jan-2007, om 16:13 heeft Martin Pittenauer het volgende geschreven:

      > On 28.12.2006, at 21:13, Alexander Henket wrote:
      >
      > > I would crave for an option in the scope of the Search/replace panel
      > > that says "all open documents". Is any such feature planned?
      >
      > Yes. That's on our agenda.
      >
      > > Another killer feature on my list would be to point to a directory,
      > > with or without its subdirectories, and do a search and/or
      > replace on
      > > all files that match a particular file filter. E.g. *.html, *.htm.
      > > Currently Rosync oXygen has such a feature. It also adds the option
      > > to create .bak files of affected files just in case you replaced a
      > > little too wildly. Is any such feature planned?
      >
      > Yes. I hope we will come up with a bit more elegant solution than
      > creating ".bak" files though... ;)

    • keysmcplay
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2007
        YES! I'm excited that a Multi-File Search is in the works. This is
        just about the only feature that I'm having to use a different program
        for. Having the Multi-file Search (open files or directories with
        recursion and filter options) along with the Collaboration features
        and how smooth SubEthaEdit already is... would be just about perfect.

        Thanks. Any ETA for when we might see this new feature?

        Marc