Customize Toolbar

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2006
      Hello,

      So, I've found how to customize the toolbar. And now, I want to add a
      save button, but I can't find the save button in the list of available
      icons.

      Is this not possible? Or, am I just not doing it correctly?

      Thanks
      Eric. :)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
        On 31.12.2006, at 20:20, Eric wrote:

        > So, I've found how to customize the toolbar. And now, I want to add a
        > save button, but I can't find the save button in the list of available
        > icons.
        >
        > Is this not possible? Or, am I just not doing it correctly?

        Usually Cocoa Applications tend to not have save buttons in the
        toolbar. There might even be a human interface guideline advising
        against it, if I remember correctly.

        However I attached two files you can place in your "Library/
        Application Support/SubEthaEdit/Scripts" Folder. After a "Reload
        Scripts" in the script menu, or an application restart a save button
        should show up in the toolbar customization dialog.

        Have fun,
        Martin
      • EricBrian
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
          On 1/5/07, Martin Pittenauer <map@...> wrote:

          On 31.12.2006, at 20:20, Eric wrote:

          > So, I've found how to customize the toolbar. And now, I want to add a
          > save button, but I can't find the save button in the list of available
          > icons.
          >
          > Is this not possible? Or, am I just not doing it correctly?

          Usually Cocoa Applications tend to not have save buttons in the
          toolbar. There might even be a human interface guideline advising
          against it, if I remember correctly.

          However I attached two files you can place in your "Library/
          Application Support/SubEthaEdit/Scripts" Folder. After a "Reload
          Scripts" in the script menu, or an application restart a save button
          should show up in the toolbar customization dialog.

          Have fun,
          Martin

          __._,_.

            Thank you! :) It worked nicely.