FR: Search/replace in all open files and directory

  • Alexander Henket
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2006
      Hi,

      I would crave for an option in the scope of the Search/replace panel
      that says "all open documents". Is any such feature planned?

      Another killer feature on my list would be to point to a directory,
      with or without its subdirectories, and do a search and/or replace on
      all files that match a particular file filter. E.g. *.html, *.htm.
      Currently Rosync oXygen has such a feature. It also adds the option
      to create .bak files of affected files just in case you replaced a
      little too wildly. Is any such feature planned?

      Thanks,

      Alexander
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
        On 28.12.2006, at 21:13, Alexander Henket wrote:

        > I would crave for an option in the scope of the Search/replace panel
        > that says "all open documents". Is any such feature planned?

        Yes. That's on our agenda.

        > Another killer feature on my list would be to point to a directory,
        > with or without its subdirectories, and do a search and/or replace on
        > all files that match a particular file filter. E.g. *.html, *.htm.
        > Currently Rosync oXygen has such a feature. It also adds the option
        > to create .bak files of affected files just in case you replaced a
        > little too wildly. Is any such feature planned?

        Yes. I hope we will come up with a bit more elegant solution than
        creating ".bak" files though... ;)

      • Alexander Henket
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
          Can hardly wait for what you have cookin'!

          Alexander

          Op 5-jan-2007, om 16:13 heeft Martin Pittenauer het volgende geschreven:

          > On 28.12.2006, at 21:13, Alexander Henket wrote:
          >
          > > I would crave for an option in the scope of the Search/replace panel
          > > that says "all open documents". Is any such feature planned?
          >
          > Yes. That's on our agenda.
          >
          > > Another killer feature on my list would be to point to a directory,
          > > with or without its subdirectories, and do a search and/or
          > replace on
          > > all files that match a particular file filter. E.g. *.html, *.htm.
          > > Currently Rosync oXygen has such a feature. It also adds the option
          > > to create .bak files of affected files just in case you replaced a
          > > little too wildly. Is any such feature planned?
          >
          > Yes. I hope we will come up with a bit more elegant solution than
          > creating ".bak" files though... ;)

        • keysmcplay
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2007
            YES! I'm excited that a Multi-File Search is in the works. This is
            just about the only feature that I'm having to use a different program
            for. Having the Multi-file Search (open files or directories with
            recursion and filter options) along with the Collaboration features
            and how smooth SubEthaEdit already is... would be just about perfect.

            Thanks. Any ETA for when we might see this new feature?

            Marc