Re: What?

  • Trevor Fancher
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "rorjews" <rorjews@...> wrote:

      > Is this thing not free for personal use anymore?

      Only versions >=2.3 cost for personal use now. Version 2.2 is still
      available for download.

      > What gives!

      I personally saw this coming, although I was expecting it to happen at
      a big point release, e.g., 3.0 or 4.0. Regardless, I don't mind paying
      for software that is as awesome as SubEthaEdit. :)
      __
      Trevor Fancher
      http://fancher.org/
    • rorjews
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2006
        One of the developers told me a long time ago that they'd NEVER charge
        for person use.

        Way to keep your promise dümkoffs (That's in their language)

        --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor Fancher" <trevor@...> wrote:

        > --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "rorjews" <rorjews@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is this thing not free for personal use anymore?
        >
        > Only versions >=2.3 cost for personal use now. Version 2.2 is still
        > available for download.
        >
        > > What gives!
        >
        > I personally saw this coming, although I was expecting it to happen at
        > a big point release, e.g., 3.0 or 4.0. Regardless, I don't mind paying
        > for software that is as awesome as SubEthaEdit. :)
        > __
        > Trevor Fancher
        > http://fancher.org/

      • dasgeniedotcom
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2006
          I think you are referring to me. And what I was saying is that we won't change the license
          of shipped versions. And we didn't and still provide 2.2 as download.

          Best,
          your Dummkopf,
          Dominik (actually Dummi was one of my nick names back in school)