RFE: sharing meta data

  • mtm_1999
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2006
      Hello,

      It would be nice if SEE kept track of the last sharing state of previously edited files. I
      frequently share a handful files with a colleague and it becomes tiresome to:

      Open Recent -> the file
      Annouce the file
      Change access control from locked to read/write
      repeat for each additional file

      thanks,
      Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2006
        On 28.08.2006, at 23:34, mtm_1999 wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > It would be nice if SEE kept track of the last sharing state of
        > previously edited files. I
        > frequently share a handful files with a colleague and it becomes
        > tiresome to:
        >
        > Open Recent -> the file
        > Annouce the file
        > Change access control from locked to read/write
        > repeat for each additional file

        Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on making that kind of
        metadata more persistent.

        If the set of files does not change much, you could also automate the
        workflow above using AppleScript to get the functionality right now.