What?

  • rorjews
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      Is this thing not free for personal use anymore?

      What gives!
    • Trevor Fancher
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
        --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "rorjews" <rorjews@...> wrote:

        > Is this thing not free for personal use anymore?

        Only versions >=2.3 cost for personal use now. Version 2.2 is still
        available for download.

        > What gives!

        I personally saw this coming, although I was expecting it to happen at
        a big point release, e.g., 3.0 or 4.0. Regardless, I don't mind paying
        for software that is as awesome as SubEthaEdit. :)
        __
        Trevor Fancher
        http://fancher.org/
      • rorjews
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2006
          One of the developers told me a long time ago that they'd NEVER charge
          for person use.

          Way to keep your promise dümkoffs (That's in their language)

          --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor Fancher" <trevor@...> wrote:

          > --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "rorjews" <rorjews@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is this thing not free for personal use anymore?
          >
          > Only versions >=2.3 cost for personal use now. Version 2.2 is still
          > available for download.
          >
          > > What gives!
          >
          > I personally saw this coming, although I was expecting it to happen at
          > a big point release, e.g., 3.0 or 4.0. Regardless, I don't mind paying
          > for software that is as awesome as SubEthaEdit. :)
          > __
          > Trevor Fancher
          > http://fancher.org/

        • dasgeniedotcom
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2006
            I think you are referring to me. And what I was saying is that we won't change the license
            of shipped versions. And we didn't and still provide 2.2 as download.

            Best,
            your Dummkopf,
            Dominik (actually Dummi was one of my nick names back in school)