Any chance tabbed edit panes are coming soon?

  • mtm_1999
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
      Just wondering if there are any plans to add tabs to the GUI. I end up editing a dozen files at
      once and it gets cumbersome to manage all the windows.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2006
        On 13.06.2006, at 03:17, mtm_1999 wrote:

        > Just wondering if there are any plans to add tabs to the GUI. I end
        > up editing a dozen files at
        > once and it gets cumbersome to manage all the windows.

        Tabs are on the top of our list of features for the next major version.

      • richstyles247
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2006
          In a somewhat related question, do you have any plans for a "project
          drawer" to navigate easily within a folder/project directory?

          I tend to jump around within a directory a lot so having a drawer on
          the side would really make this a cut above the rest.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2006
            On 14.06.2006, at 00:33, richstyles247 wrote:

            > In a somewhat related question, do you have any plans for a "project
            > drawer" to navigate easily within a folder/project directory?
            >
            > I tend to jump around within a directory a lot so having a drawer on
            > the side would really make this a cut above the rest.

            While that's on our list, I cannot permit whether this feature makes
            it into the next major release.

            For general window navigation, you could try pressing ctrl-1 for some
            short term relief in the mean time.