Sorting function list in custom modes

  • mtm_1999
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
      I've created a custom mode for an in-house language and was wondering if sorting was
      supported in the 'function' pull down. (We have a lot of entities in the list, currently in the
      order they appear in the file)

      Seems like it could be an attribute of the <symbol> tag or maybe in the <postprocess>
      block.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
        --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "mtm_1999" <dude@...> wrote:

        > I've created a custom mode for an in-house language and was wondering if sorting was
        > supported in the 'function' pull down.

        Yes - just hold down the option key when you click on the 'function' pop-up menu.
      • Mike T. Miller
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2006
          Hmm, close. It seems to ignore the indentation level in the sort.

          It sorts:

          Class B
          Method foo
          Method bar
          Class A
          Method foo
          Method bar

          into:

          Class A
          Class B
          Method bar
          Method bar
          Method foo
          Method foo

          What I really want is this:

          Class A
          Method bar
          Method foo
          Class B
          Method bar
          Method foo

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2006
            On 13.06.2006, at 06:58, Mike T. Miller wrote:

            > Hmm, close. It seems to ignore the indentation level in the sort.

            You are right, it probably should take indentation into account. I
            will file that as bug.