Re: [SubEthaEdit] Preview wiki content

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
      On 08.06.2006, at 01:05, vogon_swe wrote:

      > I use SubEthaEdit a lot when editing wiki or other online content,
      > but I'm a bit anoyed by
      > having to copy/paste the text before I get an idea on what it will
      > look like.
      >
      > Have anyone made any kind of script that simplifies this?

      There isn't a script yet, but as the "Validate HTML (W3C)" Script
      essentially does very similar things (send content to form-based
      validator and show the result in Safari), it would probably be easy
      to provide one if you let me know the details (i.e. the url to send
      it to).

      > Perhaps I should file some feedback on this as well. What I
      > preferably would like to be able to
      > do is to configure the Web Preview not to render it as HTML but
      > rather send it as a
      > configurable form to a url and render the result. That would be
      > awesome!

      Directly customizing a web preview with filters, is on our agenda,
      but currently not yet possible.

    • Kent Karlsson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
        On 7 jun 2006, at 23.47, Martin Pittenauer wrote:

        > On 08.06.2006, at 01:05, vogon_swe wrote:
        >
        >> I use SubEthaEdit a lot when editing wiki or other online content,
        >> but I'm a bit anoyed by
        >> having to copy/paste the text before I get an idea on what it will
        >> look like.
        >>
        >> Have anyone made any kind of script that simplifies this?
        >
        > There isn't a script yet, but as the "Validate HTML (W3C)" Script
        > essentially does very similar things (send content to form-based
        > validator and show the result in Safari), it would probably be easy
        > to provide one if you let me know the details (i.e. the url to send
        > it to).

        That script sounds like it could work perfectly. Can it be found
        somewhere? I haven't spent the time to find out exactly how the url
        should look yet and there will probably be some trial and error
        before its working perfectly so it would be easier of I work on
        getting the parameters correct.

        >> Perhaps I should file some feedback on this as well. What I
        >> preferably would like to be able to
        >> do is to configure the Web Preview not to render it as HTML but
        >> rather send it as a
        >> configurable form to a url and render the result. That would be
        >> awesome!
        >
        > Directly customizing a web preview with filters, is on our agenda,
        > but currently not yet possible.

        Perfect, the feature have one more vote now =)

        -- kent
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
          On 08.06.2006, at 18:18, Kent Karlsson wrote:

          > That script sounds like it could work perfectly. Can it be found
          > somewhere? I haven't spent the time to find out exactly how the url
          > should look yet and there will probably be some trial and error
          > before its working perfectly so it would be easier of I work on
          > getting the parameters correct.

          It's inside the SubEthaEdit application bundle, I attached the script
          and its perl helper for easy access. You can put these in your
          Scripts Folder when you modify the path to the Perl script inside the
          Applescript. The Perl script is used to set a <base> url in the HTML
          so that images and links work correctly and then to open it in
          Safari. Please don't hesitate to ask me if you need help with your
          customizations.

          For general help on scripting you also might find http://
          codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/scripting.html useful.