Re: [SubEthaEdit] Determining tab width in an AppleScript

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2011

      On 20.07.2011, at 19:27, Michael wrote:

      I'd like to determine the tab width of SEE documents. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the scripting dictionary, but perhaps I've just missed it. Is there a way to get the width? (I'm not really willing to resort to UI scripting.)

      Right now that's not available via scripting, with is - I agree - an oversight. Sorry.

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2011
        Thanks for confirming that. That omission is pretty limiting when it comes to inserting text to match the existing program structure, so I hope you'll consider adding something like that in a future version.

        As it stands, I think I'll proceed by trying to guess the tab width based on the existing program text. This list doesn't really seem like the right place to work out a suitable heuristic, though, so I've posted it as a question on stackoverflow. Anyone interested can check it out at <http://stackoverflow.com/q/6939922/584347>.