Determining tab width in an AppleScript

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2011
      I'd like to determine the tab width of SEE documents. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the scripting dictionary, but perhaps I've just missed it. Is there a way to get the width? (I'm not really willing to resort to UI scripting.)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2011

        On 20.07.2011, at 19:27, Michael wrote:

        I'd like to determine the tab width of SEE documents. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the scripting dictionary, but perhaps I've just missed it. Is there a way to get the width? (I'm not really willing to resort to UI scripting.)

        Right now that's not available via scripting, with is - I agree - an oversight. Sorry.

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2011
          Thanks for confirming that. That omission is pretty limiting when it comes to inserting text to match the existing program structure, so I hope you'll consider adding something like that in a future version.

          As it stands, I think I'll proceed by trying to guess the tab width based on the existing program text. This list doesn't really seem like the right place to work out a suitable heuristic, though, so I've posted it as a question on stackoverflow. Anyone interested can check it out at <http://stackoverflow.com/q/6939922/584347>.