Ctags

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2010
      I wrote some scripts to support Ctags within SEE. They can be downloaded here: <http://www.box.net/shared/zksls0d28x>. I blogged about the scripts; a summary and index to the posts are here: <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2010/02/exploring-ctags-summary.html>.

      The scripts add two menu items: using Ctags for text completion and using Ctags to find definitions of symbols. This overlaps some with what SEE can already do, but Ctags has some advantages for projects that consist of a large number of files.

      A word of warning: I'm far from an expert on Ctags, so there may be some sub-optimal, or outright wrong, choices in how the scripts are implemented. Do let me know of any bugs found or improvements that could be readily made.

      --
      Michael