Re: [SubEthaEdit] 3.5 Update or Snow Leopard?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2009
      On 30.08.2009, at 20:26, ocdgeek wrote:

      > Does SubEthaEdit or the OS (Snow Leopard) control the double-click
      > selection?
      >
      > I updated to 3.5 at roughly the same time I installed Snow Leopard
      > so I don't know which is causing it - but double clicking on a
      > javascript variable is also selecting the period and function. So
      > double clicking variableName.function(); selects
      > "variableName.function" whereas previously it would only select
      > "variableName".
      >
      > Is this a SubEthaEdit thing? I don't recall it doing it in the past
      > - didn't want to post this as a bug on BugShelf if it's an OS thing.

      It's a change in Snow Leopard, but we are currently contemplating to
      make SubEthaEdit behave like 10.5 in that case, as the change strikes
      us as odd in general, and especially in a code editor context.

      > (Also, as a note about BugShelf, why don't you use a regular bug
      > tracker that displays open issues so people don't report already
      > known bugs?)

      We like to have everything in one place and don't split up public/
      private bug tracking.
      Also, duplicates, if they happen at all, help us to see how often a
      issue surfaces, or how many people want a new feature, when it comes
      to requests.

    • ocdgeek
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2009
        Awesome. It does seem like an odd behavior change although I'm sure they have their reasons. What are the chances you'll implement the fix and then Apple will revert their change in the next update?

        Should I report syntax highlighting inconsistencies (PHP-HTML) on BugShelf?
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2009
          On 31.08.2009, at 17:24, ocdgeek wrote:

          > Awesome. It does seem like an odd behavior change although I'm sure
          > they have their reasons. What are the chances you'll implement the
          > fix and then Apple will revert their change in the next update?

          We decided to handle selection differently than the standard text
          system on 10.6 in that case and maintain 10.5 behavior in 3.5.1. Apple
          is welcome to chance their mind, but we should not be affected by them
          reverting to 10.5 behavior too.

          > Should I report syntax highlighting inconsistencies (PHP-HTML) on
          > BugShelf?

          Yes please! We are just about to release 3.5.1, anything we can test
          our new fixes against is very welcome. If you can upload sample source
          files, that would make our work a lot easier.