Re: [SubEthaEdit] Re: Updating the Makefile mode

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2009
      On 19.08.2009, at 18:39, michael_j_barber wrote:

      > It looks like SHELL should be identified as a separate token in
      > either case. Looks like it could be a bug, as Jeff Groth suggests.

      Indeed I identified this as a bug we will fix for 3.5.1. It causes
      some keyword groups to not highlight consistently currently. Sorry for
      that. Took me a while to catch it.

      > > Usually the default state is a parent to all other states.
      > >
      > Why, though? The makefile mode has them separate, and it doesn't
      > seem to cause any harm. I'm looking for understanding of the options.

      The default mode has no entry conditions and is the starting point for
      the parser. Any state with starting conditions that is neither
      referenced nor included is only handled correctly because the syntax
      definition parser is very liberal to maintain backwards compatibility
      with definitions made before we had nested states.

      So, in short, not having states as childs of default works, but should
      be avoided.