Re: see document server

  • jennylost
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006

      > On 27.03.2006, at 18:42, jennylost wrote:
      >
      > > I'd like to have a couple of documents running on the mac mini I
      > > use for a webserver. Is there
      > > a way to do this without staying logged in as a user with the
      > > documents open?
      >
      > Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
      > You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
      > are interested in that I can provide a few examples.
      >
      > bye,
      > Martin

      If you have a quick example of a setup that'd be great!

      /Jenny
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 3:25 AM
        On 28.03.2006, at 15:54, jennylost wrote:

        >> Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
        >> You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
        >> are interested in that I can provide a few examples.
        >
        > If you have a quick example of a setup that'd be great!

        Sorry it took a while to answer, but I did a short write-up about the
        major challenges to host a SubEthaEdit server at our company blog and
        included the example AppleScripts there.

        Have a look at http://codingmonkeys.de/blog/articles/2006/04/03/
        running-a-subethaedit-server

        bye,