Re: [SubEthaEdit] see document server

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
      On 27.03.2006, at 18:42, jennylost wrote:

      > I'd like to have a couple of documents running on the mac mini I
      > use for a webserver. Is there
      > a way to do this without staying logged in as a user with the
      > documents open?

      Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
      You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
      are interested in that I can provide a few examples.

      bye,
      Martin
    • jennylost
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006

        > On 27.03.2006, at 18:42, jennylost wrote:
        >
        > > I'd like to have a couple of documents running on the mac mini I
        > > use for a webserver. Is there
        > > a way to do this without staying logged in as a user with the
        > > documents open?
        >
        > Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
        > You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
        > are interested in that I can provide a few examples.
        >
        > bye,
        > Martin

        If you have a quick example of a setup that'd be great!

        /Jenny
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 3:25 AM
          On 28.03.2006, at 15:54, jennylost wrote:

          >> Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
          >> You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
          >> are interested in that I can provide a few examples.
          >
          > If you have a quick example of a setup that'd be great!

          Sorry it took a while to answer, but I did a short write-up about the
          major challenges to host a SubEthaEdit server at our company blog and
          included the example AppleScripts there.

          Have a look at http://codingmonkeys.de/blog/articles/2006/04/03/
          running-a-subethaedit-server

          bye,