Re: Extracting plain text from .seetext with Applescript

  • ockegheim
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2008

      > A simpler way would be to use the plain text copy that is stored
      > within the .seetext for convenience. Seetext files are bundles, a kind
      > of fancy folder that gets treated like a file by the Finder.
      >
      > Besides the documents history, its metadata and QuickLook preview, we
      > also store a redundant plain text version one can access without
      > SubEthaEdit or use for compiling an the like in this folder.
      > To access the plain text you can use (for this example) "lua
      > test.lua.seetext/plain.txt"

      Aha, I tried making a symbolic link called test.lua that pointed to
      plain.txt and it works! As often seems to be the case, it has to be a
      symbolic link and not just a MacOS alias. I suspected there would be a
      simpler way.

      > I just tried your script and it worked as intended on my machine. What
      > encoding does your lua file usually have? Are you working on Tiger or
      > Leopard? Intel or PPC?

      It doesn't matter now, but I'm back in the dark ages with a 2004 eMac
      PPC running Tiger. I use UTF-8 with CRLF line endings for the Windows
      people.

      Thank you for the prompt replies!
      Vaughan