see document server

  • jennylost
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2006
      I'd like to have a couple of documents running on the mac mini I use for a webserver. Is there
      a way to do this without staying logged in as a user with the documents open?

      /Jenny
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
        On 27.03.2006, at 18:42, jennylost wrote:

        > I'd like to have a couple of documents running on the mac mini I
        > use for a webserver. Is there
        > a way to do this without staying logged in as a user with the
        > documents open?

        Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
        You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
        are interested in that I can provide a few examples.

        bye,
        Martin
      • jennylost
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006

          > On 27.03.2006, at 18:42, jennylost wrote:
          >
          > > I'd like to have a couple of documents running on the mac mini I
          > > use for a webserver. Is there
          > > a way to do this without staying logged in as a user with the
          > > documents open?
          >
          > Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
          > You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
          > are interested in that I can provide a few examples.
          >
          > bye,
          > Martin

          If you have a quick example of a setup that'd be great!

          /Jenny
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 3:25 AM
            On 28.03.2006, at 15:54, jennylost wrote:

            >> Currently you need to be logged in to use SubEthaEdit unfortunately.
            >> You can however automate sharing features with AppleScript. If you
            >> are interested in that I can provide a few examples.
            >
            > If you have a quick example of a setup that'd be great!

            Sorry it took a while to answer, but I did a short write-up about the
            major challenges to host a SubEthaEdit server at our company blog and
            included the example AppleScripts there.

            Have a look at http://codingmonkeys.de/blog/articles/2006/04/03/
            running-a-subethaedit-server

            bye,