Beep objective C framework.. any plans to make this public before Apple?

  • jimmy reza
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18 10:51 AM
      hiya
      was wondering if you plan to make the Objective C BEEP framework
      public before Apple makes their Objective C framework public.
      a few of us a berkeley want to develop on macintosh with BEEP
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22 5:38 AM
        On 18.04.2008, at 19:51, jimmy reza wrote:
        > was wondering if you plan to make the Objective C BEEP framework
        > public before Apple makes their Objective C framework public.
        > a few of us a berkeley want to develop on macintosh with BEEP

        We have no immediate plans to do so, but might consider it in the
        future. (No promises, we'd have to do some clean-up and quite some
        documentation for it to be useful to others.)

        We did lobby for Apple to publish theirs a few years ago. Is there any
        roadmap for that you know of?

      • jimmy reza
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23 4:45 PM
          Just trying to get a useful implementation of BEEP to use in XCode.
          I was going to use RoadRunner (which is written in C) but it
          didn't seem full fledged..... the beepc seemed abandoned..
          Beep4j seems dead as well..

          Roadrunner, it is a small library and depends on glib/xmllib ..
          i was trying to find Python for Roadrunner and use
          PYOBJC as a bridge in Xcode but couldnt find it anywhere
          and was wondering if i could call the Roadrunner in C
          using some bridge in XCode.

          If you were to go to use a current beep framework for XCode,
          which one would you use?

          thanks
          jimmy

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24 1:42 AM
            On 24.04.2008, at 01:45, jimmy reza wrote:
            > If you were to go to use a current beep framework for XCode,
            > which one would you use?

            I have no first hand experience with it, but I heard good things about
            Vortex (http://vortex.aspl.es/).