Reporting shell script results

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008
      I've written a shell script to use SubEthaEdit for reporting script results. I call it "seeless", as it
      is vaguely like the "less" pager. The goal was to provide a convenient way to report the results
      of the scripts for the LaTeX mode I recently wrote about
      <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SubEthaEdit/message/166>. It should be useful in
      other situations, though.

      The basic behavior is patterned after the way the Python mode "Check Syntax" option shows
      its results. It always writes into the same window, instead of littering the screen with new
      windows for each syntax check. The shell script just writes from stdin to a named
      SubEthaEdit window. There are a few options to make it more useful, most important being
      keeping a log of calls instead of clearing the text between calls.

      I blogged about seeless, giving a the details of the options and several examples at
      <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2008/04/seeing-latex-29-listening-to-
      latex.html>. Download at <http://www.box.net/shared/pspw089sk8>.