Re: AppleEvent TimedOut

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 12:25 AM
      The timeout should definitely take a while. I misunderstood what you meant when you
      said you "suddenly" got the error - I thought it was indicative of an unexpected change,
      rather than about the timing.

      Your description seems consistent with the warning given at the bottom of this page:
      <https://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/scripting.html>. Could that be it?

      I'd think that your scripts should be mostly the same as what I did for invoking LaTeX.
      There's a basic description here:
      <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2007/07/seeing-latex-6-typesetting.html>.
      Maybe it will be of help. Later posts in the series refine the ideas; you might find the set
      of AppleScript handlers at <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2008/01/seeing-
      latex-19-subethaedittools-or.html> to be of use.