Re: AppleEvent TimedOut

  • underdoeg
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008
      Tanks for your quick reply.

      I already set the timeout. But that didn't work. But with the try I can at least show a decent
      error message. Thanks.

      I don't really think it has something to do with the time my script takes because it works
      perfectly when i run it out of script editor and the timeOut message appears right after I
      try to run it from SubEtha. A timeout should at least take a few seconds before happening
      or am I wrong?

      I recoded the whole thing now and will start it as an application for the moment. If it
      works the way I'm expecting it, Ill post it here

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
        The timeout should definitely take a while. I misunderstood what you meant when you
        said you "suddenly" got the error - I thought it was indicative of an unexpected change,
        rather than about the timing.

        Your description seems consistent with the warning given at the bottom of this page:
        <https://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/scripting.html>. Could that be it?

        I'd think that your scripts should be mostly the same as what I did for invoking LaTeX.
        There's a basic description here:
        <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2007/07/seeing-latex-6-typesetting.html>.
        Maybe it will be of help. Later posts in the series refine the ideas; you might find the set
        of AppleScript handlers at <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2008/01/seeing-
        latex-19-subethaedittools-or.html> to be of use.